Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to move shapes onto just one layer?

Xara Xtreme Pro 5/WinXp

Hi

How do I get shapes that are on multiple layers to be moved onto just one layer?

If I select shapes that are all on one layer, then I can just cut them from their existing layer and then paste them with control/shift/V and they will arrive in my "current layer" (with the dark blob).

However if I select shapes that are in more than one layer, if I cut and paste with control/shift/paste, then they seem to keep their previous layers from whence they were cut.

Any thoughts?

Ship
    Shiperton Henethe

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: How to move shapes onto just one layer?

You can select all your shapes and group them this will bring them all to one layer, then you can ungroup them if desired and they will still be on the same layer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    You can select all your shapes and group them this will bring them all to one layer, then you can ungroup them if desired and they will still be on the same layer.
    Yes angelize making a group is the best way, also you can drag the object to tle layer, Open the Object Gallery and drag the objects to the layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	72022  
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

if grouping is not an option [it can have consequences] - you can right click on any of the selected objects in the object gallery and click move to current layer - and all selected on all layers should move [xxp5]

if you really do not like this new feature you can use xareg to disable it by unticking MultiLayer Clipboard, on the general tab - then the behaviour with cut/copy and paste will be as before
    Last edited by handrawn; 10 May 2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: having scripting temp disabled does not help formatting..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...