Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Out of alignment after google language translated

This is my 2nd website.

http://www.singaporemedi.com

It shall be market globally, so have to add in google languages translation.

how to solve this problem ?

1st : eg. translate to indonesian ; the sentence runs out of right border

2nd : if i change the sentences to justified mode - worst - after a few line, on the left side - 2 words will crashed together. Even I gives my spacing among paragraph and problem not solved

3rd : The google translation did not transplate words in the buttons & navigation bars. Have a group indonesian client waiting for this website to be launched.

Do not wish to present sloppy job as this does related to our country's image, especially on the international medical tourism.

Appreciate anyone could advise and help.. thanks

Ginn
    Last edited by ginngoh; 09 May 2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: forget to put in website address for help

Default Re: Out of alignment after google language translated

I'm afraid you will need to create the Indonesian language versions of your pages manually if you want it done properly. Google translate is very good, but it translates a cached copy and doesn't care much about your WYSIWYG layout.
    It can't translate text on buttons which are PNG images.

OK, I just looked at your site and can make two suggestion which may help a little.

[1] For the main page text your should use the object name 'HTMLBlockText'.
    This will force the text to be exported without placing every line in a separate span element. This is less WYSIWYG than the default export but it may be more suitable.

[2] Your button text can make use of the 'HTMLText' object name which will cause WD6 to retain the 'text' rather than export it as a .png
    However becuase you have used long names, remember that various browsers do render text a little differently from the others, so you may encounter WYSIWYG issues with the small size you have currently chosen.
    The other issue is that some languages will render much longer strings and overflow the button graphic for sure. Nothing can be done about this.

At the end of the day, your site only has five pages right?, I'd prefer to duplicate the site and translate it manually, then link it via an icon of the Indoneisan flag for example.
    You'll get a much better result that *you* control

Hi Thanks for your advice again

The web will not be 5 page long - it will ended up with at 40 pages with all top doctors to be publish here with video of their clinic / hospital facilities..

pls advise :

1) kindly proceed the steps how to 'HTMLText'?

2) if embedded with video as above (total about 40 doctors or more) ; the video to shot now, what are the resolution / size etc : specification to do to avoid slowing down of website uploading by visitors?

Instead of trial on error ; appreciate if you could provide these information before filming for the doctors then change resolutions.

Thanks

Ginn

have heard about there are other language translator - like yahoo translator..

May be anyone of them will not have all these problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ginngoh View Post
    1) kindly proceed the steps how to 'HTMLText'?
    Please see:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...3&postcount=19

Quote Originally Posted by ginngoh View Post
    2) if embedded with video as above (total about 40 doctors or more) ; the video to shot now, what are the resolution / size etc : specification to do to avoid slowing down of website uploading by visitors?
    Forty videos will account for a very long time publishing process.
    I would suggest you upload your files to a Vimeo account then embed the movies via a placeholder.
    Vimeo has better streaming than your own domain and their movie player has a much cleaner UI than YouTube.