Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can Flash videos in Xara Web Designer 6 show subtitles/captions (via SRT files)

I am considering Xara Web Designer 6 but could not verify two items:

1) Flash videos - would I be able to set up external .SRT file to show subtitle/captions of Flash videos on site through Xara Web Designer 6?

2) Would I have ability to set up auto play without requiring 'play' button be pressed, like I can with other video players?

Default Re: Can Flash videos in Xara Web Designer 6 show subtitles/captions (via SRT files)

Welcome to TG Forums Sam,

Who better to talk about Xara/MAGIC's flash capabilities that Charles Moir himself.

Enjoy
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x62...oto-g_creation

Default Re: Can Flash videos in Xara Web Designer 6 show subtitles/captions (via SRT files)

Can you answer the question? the video is not captioned so do not understand what the guy is saying.

1) Flash videos - would I be able to set up external .SRT file to show subtitle/captions of Flash videos on site through Xara Web Designer 6?

2) Would I have ability to set up auto play without requiring 'play' button be pressed, like I can with other video players?

Ah sorry, I checked your IP and assumed you were English speaking, my apologies.

(1) No.

(2) Flash files created with Xara products have no player. They are stand-alone .swf and run automatically.

Yes I am English speaking but I am hearing impaired.

So Xara requires I use their proprietary flash player? Any way to install JW Player, for example, on the site built with Xara?

David

Hi David,

*.swf files are played by your web browser via the Adobe Flash Player.
    There is no Xara proprietry flash player in this case.

Here's an example of a Xara made flash file being played by the Adobe Flash Player used by your browser:

Attached Files Attached Files

Sam, are you asking about .FLV or .SWF?
    Sorry, but I might have misunderstood your original intention.

My answer would be different if it's .FLV you want to use.

Is this similar to what you want to do?
    http://steveledger.net.au/xara/embed...pup-flv-player

I'm trying to follow you.

JW Player is one of the video players that allows you to show captions through use of a .SRT file. See video example at www.deaflivingsolutions.com

You say that Xara does not have proprietary video player. Does this mean I can install JW Player and insert embed code in a Xara-designed website?

Quote Originally Posted by samwilliam View Post

I have no idea what your work flow is, so I may be way off. But assuming that you have an .srt file and some sort of movie file you could merge these, export the movie and (if necessary) convert to Flash. You can then have the Flash movie play on an XWD-generated website.

Perhaps this video is helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HotIiXywukw. Please note that all the software mentioned is free. To convert a movie file to Flash, you might consider Pazera Video to Flash Converter (also free): http://www.pazera-software.com/produ...ash-converter/.

Quote Originally Posted by samwilliam View Post
    You say that Xara does not have proprietary video player.
    Xara has no .swf player, as explained earlier a player is not necessary for .swf. However WD6 does ship with a basic player for embedded .MP4 and .FLV files.
    I do not know anything about .SRT support unfortunately.