Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Web Designer 6 - Serious Error

Hi Everyone.

I am running WD6 at present and have just completed my first large site and am attempting to export it to a folder so that it can be uploaded later on. I upload via Filezilla as I find it easier and like to see whats going on.

My issue is that each time i try and export, I get a "Serious Error" has occured message and I can proceed no further, followed by the usual reporting blurb and then a software shut down.

I have tried the usual removal and re-installation but that does not work. I am convinced it is something to do with my site creation as I have succesfully exported a full standard website from the Xara design gallery just moments afer not being able to export my own.

I am running Windows Vista if that is of any relevance.

Any help from anyone who may be up at this hour would be most welcomed!!

Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Web Designer 6 - Serious Error

Welcome to TG Murray,

It would be helpful if you could attach a screen shot of the error message and your .web file for inspection thanks
    IP

Hi

The files are a little large to upload to the blog and my connection is quite slow tonight so I have zipped them up and am uploading them to my domain http://www.tecnoland.eu.com/xara.zip

The site itself is about 30mb so I will fully understand if you do not want to download it, but I would appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.
    IP

The error is on page 1 (index)

Follow these steps:

[1] Ungroup the 'A Proven Track Record' (rectangle/text/calendar group)
    [2] Cut the text column to the clipboard (the text appears E/W squashed)
    [3] Paste the text into Notepad then copy it back to the clipboard
    [4] Draw a text *area* (draw with the 'T'ext tool) inside the rectangle with the calendar
    [5] Paste the text and format to Times New Roman and set 'A Proven Track Record' to center justification 18px and Bold.
    [6] Move text area backwards until the repelling calendar is on top and repels the text again,
    [7] Adjust position if necessary
    [8] Save and export.

I have uploaded the exported site here as a demo, let me know once you have tested it and I will remove it from my server:
    TECNOLAND demo

Also note you have a number of unused layers* in page one and a misplaced 'mouseover' object for the telephone icon.

MouseDown
    Butterfly_photo4
    Butterfly_photo4
    Butterfly_photo4

I did see a number of your images are still linked to www.xara.com as well.
    I understand you still have yet to finish
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 May 2010 at 12:58 AM.
    IP

Hi Sledger..

That worked perfectly thank-you!!! Yeah...just a few newbie errors there hey!!?

I really appreciate all your help. It is good to know that there are people out there so willing to help others...quite refreshing actually!!

Take care mate.
    IP