Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 6 keeps deleting my designs

I've been trying to get an answer to my problem via tech support since May 6th but they must be super busy as no resolution to my problem has been given me yet. So I'm hoping someone in this forum can help me out.

Tech support asked me to be even more detailed in the specific steps I take to design my page so they can reproduce it and troubleshoot it on their end. I sent them both my write up (below) and then yesterday I actually did a screen video capture (16 minutes, .avi video) that I uploaded to my server so they can watch it and see exactly how WD6 is acting and deleting my designs. I've uploaded the .avi video clip here:
    http://www.childrencomefirst.com/web...my-designs.avi

If anyone in the forum can help me out I would be so thankful! My client LOVED the mock-up page I did for them on WD6 but I cannot afford to move forward finishing up her site using the alpha template within WD6 if every time I close the program it erases my work.

============
    here are the steps I take to create my colored-bordered slides that are being erased by WD6 when I close the program:

I have worked on this particular webpage for hours. When I design it I like the way it looks. I upload it: http://www.marypeacefinley.com/webstyle/index.htm

Then I save the file. close the program. come back later and try to open the program and I get a "Warning" popup window. I've taken a screen capture of both the popup window and the way now my images have lost their colorful borders that I had designed them with. I click OK on the warning window and the website pages open up but the images no longer have the colorful borders they had before. I've also taken a picture of that so you can see what the problem is.

I designed the images using the PHOTO PANEL element that's part of the ALPHA web templates. I then replaced the image in the slides with my client's book covers and made the white that surrounded each image into different colors. But, as you can see, the program deletes the borders on all the images every time I close the program.

I cannot keep doing this over and over. PLEASE HELP and tell me what I'm doing wrong. This site needs to be up for my client this week.
    IP

Default Re: Web Designer 6 keeps deleting my designs

ogary I have moved your thread to the Technical Support forum.

Warning to anyone who clicks the .avi link, the file size is 653mb

ogary perhaps you can compress this file to a more suitable format for the web?

I suggest you upload your *.web file for inspection.
    Note: File size limit is 10mb on this form.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	653mb.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	71997  
    IP

Thanks, sledger, for your reply. Sorry for the .avi file size. I'm now comverting it to an .flv file. Will upload it and send the link to the forum as soon as it's done.
    IP

Ok. I changed the .avi to .flv and have uploaded the .flv to my server. Hope this is better and, if not, then please tell me how to compress it even more.
    http://www.childrencomefirst.com/web...my-designs.flv

I've also attached the .web file as you requested

Thanks for any help any of you can send my way! Thanks so much.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

ok. I now made my video clip showing what is going on into an m4v video clip so hopefully it's even smaller in size. I've uploaded it to my server:
    http://www.childrencomefirst.com/web...my-designs.m4v

Thanks, in advance, for any help any of you can give me in letting me know what I'm doing wrong that is making WD6 delete the work I do.
    IP

Hi Ogary,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I'm not sure where the error is within your .web file.

I have made some edits and added some frames around your images.

I can open and close the file after saving without getting the error message about extra objects in the shadow group.

Download the attached .web file to see if it works on your system.

As for the popup message when you start Web Designer 6, look a little below the OK button. There is a check box that specifies to always ask before running the program. Uncheck the box and it will no longer popup when you start the program.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi Bill (Soquili),

I don't know what you did to the .web file but you TOTALLY fixed the problem!!!! I've been sweating bullets for the past week, doing and redoing my work, only to have WD6 delete things after I had created them.

I used the file you sent me and used the slide frame you created. I put in the various book cover images and colored the various frames in different colors. Then I grouped each colored frame with the book image inside it so they would move as a unit. I've now published my work, have closed WD6, even rebooted my computer...and when I open up WD6, all my work is there just the way I left it. Your fix worked because WD6 is no longer deleting my work.
    http://www.marypeacefinley.com/wd6/index.htm

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olgy
    IP