Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WD6 : not found in the templatepack

Hi Eric, no, I want to point out - exactly - what I have to understand under Page width.

If I want to make a new page, exactly like : ------»

And back to my example mentioned in my first item, affilite elite with url,
    again I see a total width of 1036 px,
    1 - white zone left 182 px
    2 - text part in the middle let's say 660 px
    3 - white zone right 194 px
    page width on 1036 or 660 px ?

in the first case, page width = 1036 , then I have to make the textbox smaller, to get the proper white left and right.
    in the last case, changing somewhere the properties of the textbox or additional css.
    Core : what can/should I expect.

I'm not quite sure I understand your concern here.
    Let me put it this way.
    Everything in your design that is supposed to be centered in the browser window and stick together has to fit the page rectangle. You can have some graphics beyond it in the form of the background fill.
    So if you only have one text column with the width of 660px and no other design elements wider than this, then you can shrink your pahe to 660px. But if you have some design elements on the right or left sides of your text column, or header with 1030px width, or the white rectangle visually marking the page area then you have to make the page width appropriate.
    And of course you can make a text column of any width placed anywhere on your page. So it may be 660px.
    I suggest you try to play with it to grasp these basics. It's actually very simple and intuitive. So it's easier to understand by playing with it than by reading someones textual explanations.

I understand the position of the trackingcode, but what is this and where is it used for.
    Some tracker code officially requires placement in this particular place in the HTML code.
    John.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Or perhaps put another way....

XWD6 does not require you to know CSS. The CSS for the webpage is created automatically by XWD6. You can control the page width (the white rectangle) but not how wide the rest of the page is. The page is set to a specific pixel size and centered on the screen of the person viewing your website. The space (number of pixels) that is on either side of the page can not be determined or set anywhere, because different users use different screen resolutions.

For example a person with a 1024 width screen resolution showing a web page that is 900 pixels wide, would see a 900 pixel page with 62 ((1024-900)/2) pixels on each side.

A person with a 800 width screen resolution showing the same 900 pixel wide page, would see that page overflow the visable area and they would need to scroll to see it all.

If all you want to do is to draw at text box that is 660pix wide then one way to do that is to do the following.

Draw a text box of any size and place some text in it.
    Choose the Select tool
    You will see two fields in the menu bar next to the word Size, they are W (Width) and H (Hieght). Enter 660 into the W field and press enter.
    Choose the Text tool again
    Highlight your text in your text box
    Change the font as desired and type in any text you want.

If neither of these is the answer to your question, then I have no idea what you are asking about.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.