Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding headers in HTML

An SEO expert had a quick look at my web page and told me that one of the things I need to do is to alter my HTML. He told me that i need to add headers. I am unsure how to do this. If you view the page then you see that I have a header on ever page, but i pressume that this is just a graphic that the search engines do not see. Would I have to click on my header, then use the place holder to replace with HTML. If I do this what HTML do I replace it with and will my graphic header disapear?

Default Re: Adding headers in HTML

Hi Kaltech,

This is a very old topic that was beaten to death over year ago.

The number of "SEO Experts" that insist header tags are required and those that recognise they are not needed is split about 50% to 50%.

Modern search engines do not rely on header tags to rank sites.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Header tags as well as quite a few other famous SEO features are actually a voodoo dolls. Many use them but no one had yet proven that this has any positive effect on the page search ratings with modern search engines.
    Besides, the irrelevance of the header elements in this context was hinted by Google representatives.
    So no matter what your SEO expert says, you may skip this one advice.
    John.

I take on board what you guys have told me, but does this mean that it is not possible to do this in Xara?

Yes it's possible.

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 April 2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: clearer example

Many times, you will have to do some sort of SEO "thing" because a client or co worker read about it and they think it's vital, etc.

I often pull exported Xara html into the coffeecup html editor and clean up the code, yes, you can get lambasted for so called "dirty code" by someone who is trying to sell the customer/partner/friend something else.

There is a lot of seo/sem mis/dis information out there - it's going to come down to valid inbound links and content not tricks.

Follow the Google webmaster guidelines and you will do just fine.