Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Out of memory

Default Out of memory

hi

I am getting an out of memory message.
    When i click the help button it takes me to the XARA website?
    There is no information in the help files for memory or low memory

Now I have an internal program error 707.w.of.rn
    ok i sorted that out but i cannot export . its out of memory.
    I am doing a photography website. i have so far 8 of 11 pages done and they are pretty photograph intensive but they have all been optimized.
    this cant be the capity of wd6??

File size 221 objects .8 pages. 860 m

is that wishfull thinking on my part

Ps i checked the forum and nothing realy helpful except Sledger recomending removal of photos which in my case would be counter productive.

calling Sledger.......
    Last edited by biglove; 20 July 2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: new info

Default Re: Out of memory

860m? as in 860 MB? Way to big, you do not want people to wait 1 min to open a site/link.
    And if that's the size on the disk, your computer is trying to handle gigs in the RAM.
    For screen/web applications you do not need high-res pictures. A max resolution of W1280 and/or H 800 is enough, since this is the most used max of the majoirity of screens.
    You can provide a download option for bigger files, if you want.

WD saves the pic's in the size you select, but the working file contains the "Real" size of the picture. So,with lots of pictures, rework you pictures before you use them in WD. Either use Xtreme or any other graphic/picture tool.
    Alternatively, create a dummy site with WD, throw the pictures in it, resize them to what you want them to be... then export the site and you got the pictures compressed and resized -ready to use.

Biglove, optimise those images first, as per Brombis post.

Unlike HTML editors, WD and DP6 stores all pages and everything in one single .xar or .web file.
    So having a dozen pages full of decent res' photographs is going to be fairly hard hitting on system resources.
    Xara isn't suited to large gallery type web sites comprising one single .xar or .web design.
    Split the site into photo categories and have one .xar or .web per category linking them as you would any other page via HTML.

Thanks for the reply guys
    That was two days of time wasted LOL! I should have known.

I think the solution is to have third party programe to do the gallery and just imbed it in my XARA front page.
    Even if i split the site up (which I have no idea how to do) the pics will just take to long to open .

Dedicated gallery software seems to be the way to go for speed and effeciency.

Thank you as always.