Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default live effects very slow

Some of the live effects that come from Magix like the filters for blur for example take soooo loooong to render. Is there any way that perhaps these could be fixed to render at Xtreme speed instead of Magix speed? These effects would be way more useful if they were faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Default Re: live effects very slow

What are you trying to blur Frances? They work pretty quick for me, photos or vector shapes on my 3 year old PC.
    Sure, there are a few more clicks to get to the filter, but the processing seems on a parr to me.
    IP

I was applying the Gaussian Blur to a photo. I will admit that it was a hi res photo and it was on my other computer which is a tad slower, but still the effect was slow to render. I was creating a faked DOF effect for an advertisement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    IP

Frances have you tried Xara's 'Enhance' tool (XPE's edit controls).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enhance.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	71739
    It's fast, has greater blur level than the Photo Tools and it lets you apply the same blur over and over again simply by opening the 'Enhance' tool again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enhance-blur.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	71740
    Works with bitmaps and vectors.
    IP

I should have thought of that! I will remember next time. The ad is done now, and it looks good. The image was a hockey jersey being raffled off. I used the DOF trick to make the jersey really pop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP