Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XaraX trial activation

I cannot activate the trial versions i've downloaded to my computer: Xarax1DL nor Xaraxstreme5dl. They both ask for activation code at startup and do not have any trial button choice, only 'exit program'. What to do.

Default Re: XaraX trial activation

It appears you may have already installed the trial versions and are beyond the 30 day trial period.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Installed the xarax1dl a month ago but never got the chance to use it as it told me at startup that I do not have enough access rights to use it in this computer. I am the sole user with administrative rights at this laptop vith Vista.
    The Xaraxtreme5 I installed yesterday.
    It has the trial period button inctive/greyed on both start screens. The second one also invites to buy it and when that button is chosen, it gets me to Xarax homepage and there I cannot find any trial registration choice.
    With this experience I can have no experience of these programs.

I believe you may be able to temporarily back date your PC in order to use the trial, though this may have other consequences which you should be aware of (system restore, virus definition files, Windows updates and so on).
    The trial sets an install date - not a usage date.
    I cannot find any trial registration choice.
    There is no registration required for a trial - only for the purchased version, it this what you are looking for?

http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/buy/

Perhaps, download the trial for XaraXtreme 5 Pro version.
    ~Fred

sounds a tad safer than turning back the clock [which if I recall can in itself deactivate some software trials]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Could not make any of your suggestion to work! Uninstalled all and dug the old Xara X 1.0d CD from mothballs and installed it instead. Seems to run OK, but asks allways (every time I start it) for the serial number. Is this because of Vista, or something else. Can the serial number be written somewhere so that I do not have to manually enter it every time?

You need to run the installer as 'Administrator' so that it has permission to write to the registry in Vista.
    This has been covered many times on the forums since the release of Windows Vista.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 27 April 2010 at 08:59 PM.

I am the administrator. What else?

Klaus even though you are an administrator on your system in Vista you must use the Run as administrator to actually perform some administrative actions.

Vista prohibits even the Administrator account from performing some actions unless you specify running as adminstrator.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update