Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Xara Xtreme is better than Adobe Photoshop!

Hi, this is TheBarracuda57
    (I used to be: "Barracuda" on this site, I've changed that)

I have recently posted an article on Wordpress.com about how Adobe Photoshop is overused, I am trying to increase the productivity of Xara.

Because, lets be honest. Xara is cheaper and easier to use. Unlike the infameous Adobe Photoshop. (Being a teen I can come to grips with it better than Adobe much faster. Seeing as I am growing up in the computer era)

Please read the argument against Photoshop and back-me up!

CLICK LINK PLEASE ****removed****
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 25 April 2010 at 08:13 PM.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme is better than Adobe Photoshop!

I am not an expert on either programme.
    So why am I posting something?

Well, I hope that someone can then tell me if my understating is correct or not.

From my experience, the programmes are different, surely?
    Or.
    Is it that I can do the drawing aspect, colouring, resize easily etc. in Xara much easier than I can in PhotoShop?

I have tried to draw in PhotoShop but could not make any headway.

Can what ever we draw in Xara be reproduced in PhotoShop?

By the way, no-one needs to convince me how good Xara is.
    Last edited by Rik; 25 April 2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Incomplete post.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I think Xara and Photoshop are apples and oranges - two very different things. While the base idea is that one is a drawing app, while the other is an image editing app is still true, aspects of both are blurred as certain functions can be done in both. Still I never use Photoshop (or other image editors) for drawing, text use, text on a curve, even though image editors have that capability they are poor and cumbersome at best for that. However, if I am trying to clean up a photos, for example, while there are things in Xara I can do this with - using cloner brushes to fix photo imperfections are easier in PS/GIMP than they are in Xara. Xara is not a paint program and should be confused with apps that are paint programs (like Photo Shop).

While both apps are graphics apps, that's where the similarity ends. They don't compare well with the other, as they are used for completely different purposes.

As development progresses the blurring between the two will continue, at the moment they are still very much apples and oranges.

GP

Corthan, - Please understand the TalkGraphics rules before you post. Get involved with the community before you post links.

Your duplicate threads have been removed.