Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: Portraits - a learning curve

Thanks very much Gray

Yes, George in 'Mop-Top' mode - I'm relieved the image is recognisable
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

To me this is sheer genius! I can hardly draw stick men, but drawing has been a goal of mine since I was a boy. Hoping I may be able to achieve something with this program. If I were able to express myself digitally, at least that would be something. Thanks for your reply on my thread. Cheers~ Tim

Hi Tim

I can't draw - paper and pencil - either. The great thing about using the shape editor tool is that lines can be put in place then altered as much as needed quite quickly with a bit of practice and patience. It's Xara that's genius

I'm sure you can achieve and express yourself with these programs Tim

Cheers
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Well I certainly get what you say, but I can recognise your film actors from what you have drawn, to my mind that is expert use of the shape editor. You have had to duplicate digitally what you see in your mind, and that is the good part as you have done it with a marked skill, so good that others can recognise what you have done. I shall be immensely chuffed if I get to that stage.

Cheers,

Tim

You're very kind Tim Can I just emphasise though that I use an image as a model on one side of the page. I do not trace or use a plug-in, but the process involves a lot of zooming in and out on the model then trying to reproduce that on the other side of the page. I try to ignore the fact I'm drawing an eye and just draw the lines or the shape in that particular area. You can do that Tim, believe me. In fact, start by tracing some images bit-by-bit and then moving the lines/shapes into space - I find black & white ones the best for copying - expanding on them and then try drawing to one side of the image. If I get to the stage where I don't need the model or I can adapt the model to turn the head for instance I'll be dead chuffed! Main thing is that with Xara it's fun. Other programs I tried it was a chore.

Cheers