Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Some Pages Do Not Open In XWD6

I've been working in XWD6 for a few days with various websites I've created in XWD5 (after I switched to XWD5 skin colors to resolve a "serious" open file problem in XWD6, thanks to this forum). Now I've come across another strange problem. Certain pages created in a .web file with XWD5 do not display (open) in XWD6. They are just blank - but other pages do show up for the same .web file.

So I re-launched XWD5, opened the same .web file, and sure enough those missing pages now show up as they always have. I have attached the .web file in question. The pages not opening in XWD6 are 'online_link.html' and 'online2_link.html' (the 3rd and 9th pages). You can see the site created by that .web file at www.thataweighkids.com.

Any clue as to why those pages have a problem in version 6?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Some Pages Do Not Open In XWD6

It is not only WD6 that does not show pages 3 and 9.

I've opened your file in WD5, WD6, and XXP5 and pages 3 and 9 are blank in all three programs.

EDIT: The MouseOff layer of Pages 3 and 9 are made invisible. Making them visible has the pages display correctly in all three applications.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'll be darned. Thanks, Soquili, that little change did it. That one I would not have thought of. Probably because I was able to open and see those pages in WD5, even with the MouseOff layer inadvertently checked as invisible.

Glad I could help.

In WD5 all 'static' layers are exported, this behaviour was changed in WD6 you can have some layers in your document that are not exported unless you specify they should be or make them visible.

See John's (Covoxer) post http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...6&postcount=21.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update