Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Noobie New Site

Default Noobie New Site

Hey all,

Found lots of help on here to help friend build her site (ignore name of link as site is just parked there whilst I build it!).

First ever site built and it has been a learning curve to say the least!!!!

Lots more to do on it but constructive critism always welcome

www.oddsizedsinksrus.com

Default Re: Noobie New Site

Just a couple of things to start you off zippy:

The menu buttons look really small - the text is a bit hard to read. I can see what appears to be some text poking through from above on the first few buttons.

The fine spindly text can be quite hard to read when it has a lower contrast with the background. You have some black text on one page too.

Those are my pointers for things to look at right off, though I think a bit of refinement in layout and proportion would also help.

Great start for your first site though, so well done!

Paul

as a learner too I do like your site Zippy, smooth.
    I am not qualified on the technical side yet but from a personal point of view I don't like the hit counter at the bottom of the page. Apart from that, well done
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !

Zippy I think its a great effort for a 1st site, i'm sure it will look very slick when finished.

I agree with others about removing the hit counter. Also finding it hard to read the 'spindly text' and as a personal choice I don't like using that type of font style for web stuff.

The 'Elegant flowers with that personal touch' on the home page has been made as an image and it looks blurred to me?

"We provide a ffriendly" needs an 'f' removing

"For any deliveries in the local area we provide excellent value for money and a wide selection"......of? (quality fresh flowers?)

The 'About' button in the nav bar on the home page has no mouseOver.

Looks like the pages are positioned differently and just need aligning, have added an image attachment to show:

Again, nice effort Zippy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page_position.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	71585  

Thanks people!

Yep there is lots of info to add once the business owner gets back to me put apart from that I can take your comments and make it a better site so many many thanks!

Like the changes so far Zippy.

The pages line up much better now, there are still a couple which are just a fraction out, should be easy to sort.

Don;t know if its just my conection speed but I'm finding the intro is leaving the 1st page hanging for a long time while it loads?

Default Quick Update

Thanks all for your help on my first site. This forum and of course the users have been invaluable to me in my hour of website building needs lol!!!!! I have finally handed over the site now to it's proud owner and the finished article can be seen at www.fleur-couture.co

I am currently in the process of showing the new owner how to change the details of the site and passing on your knowledge to them, hope they will sign up too

Many thankns again!

Quote Originally Posted by Antspants View Post
    Like the changes so far Zippy.

The pages line up much better now, there are still a couple which are just a fraction out, should be easy to sort.

Don;t know if its just my conection speed but I'm finding the intro is leaving the 1st page hanging for a long time while it loads?
    Looks good. I will echo the above about the intro taking a LONG time to load. Actually, the entire site runs very slowly. I might check into a different web host. I mean it actually crawls for me on all pages and I have very fast cable internet.