Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD6: Prevent Last Document on Launch

Is there a way to prevent WD6 from opening the last document on launch? I looked in the options and through the menus, and I downloaded XaReg, but I can't seem to find the setting.

Default Re: WD6: Prevent Last Document on Launch

Utilities>>Options>>Backups [tab]
    Uncheck second checkbox.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restore-last-doc.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	71530

Wow, I skipped over that because it was tied to Backups. I would suggest a separate entry in the General tab in the next version.

Thanks

Well it could be argued that while the option does create a 'backup copy', it also loads the file 'back up'

But I agree the option needs splitting because while you might want to backup the file on exit, you may not want it to re open automatically when you restart WD6, it's an odd assumption on the part of the developer.

You could simply disable the WD6 backup feature and use XaReg to enable the creation of .bak files when you save a newer version of your current document.

The automatic backup feature does not take into consideration if the current document is simply blank or that no changes have been made since the last backup was created.

It is not unusual for me to open WD6 then get called away from the computer and then return to find many copies of my blank document taking up space for no purpose. This led to disabling the backup feature entirely.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Agreed Bill.

Yeah Bill, an excellent point. To tell the truth I really never check the backup folder. I'll probably leave them enabled just to err on the side of caution. But I work with mostly very small sites, maybe 10 pages, so they don't take up much room.

Videos, on the other hand..........