Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Uploade Problems to Server with WD6

Hi Guys,
    I've read everything I could find, but keep having "Time Out's" when using the WD6 FTP. I've contacted my hosting, and they tell me it's not on their end. I'm obviously missing something, any would appreciate any help.
    Thanks!,
    tom

Default Re: Uploade Problems to Server with WD6

Hello Tom,

Please see the information in the thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37631.

Although this was initially posted for WD5 it works exactly the same for WD6. Using XaReg to turn on FTP Trace and running DebugView will gather information that will identify what is causing the timeouts.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Soquili,
    Thanks for the response, but the link is to different programs, ie:PicaSafe,
    PicaSafe Express, & AutoSave. So, I Googled to find thes threads:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=40314
    http://www.xaraxone.com/html/xareg.html

However, being unfamiliar with them, I can't get XaReg to work according to the descriptions, and end up with the same problem. Once it stops uploading I get an error pop up. I'm sure I'm missing something here, but I a novice to Xara and getting a bit frustrated with the entire process.

Thanks,
    thom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errpr.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	71504  

Okay,
    After several hours trying to upload, I still can't. I spoken with AT&T and Godday (my hosting), and they tell me it's is a problem with the FTP I'm using. I've tried over a dozen time doing as asked here, with continued time-outs. I really need to get this site online before morning because I have gallery representatives coming to check my work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to upload the files via Godday's FTP client? If not this will cost me a photo exhibition, which I really need desperately!
    Thanks in advance,
    tom

Hi Dang,

Have you checked 'all' your ftp settings....normally when you get continual timeouts, one of the advanced setting is wrong...
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    Hi Soquili,
    Thanks for the response, but the link is to different programs, ie:PicaSafe,
    PicaSafe Express, & AutoSave.
    I suggest you try the browser scrollbar Thom, it's quite revealing

If you are having zero luck in publishing with WD's internal FTP, just use a dedicated FTP client such as FileZilla set to Auto detect.
    If you encounter the same problems then it's likely your connection that's the problem.

Hi,
    Pulling my hair out!
    I've spoken with AT&T and they've checked my computer, and Godday has successfully loaded 100mb file onto my site without problem. As for using using another FTP client, how the heck do I do it? (besides.... if the one included in the program doesn't function, why was it included?) If I knew the exact files (from the dozens shown in the program) I'd just use the Godaddy FTP which always works fine. Sorry, but I've been messing with this for a week, and MUST have it online by morning. I could really use more information as to which files I need to upload. As for the scrollbar, it's visible, yet the site is only 800 x 600 pixel in size, so it's not needed (are you talking about a program?). As for settings, My password and url have been checked multiple times, I can use the Godaddy FTP, and could edit my content through their site if I knew which files to add.
    Thanks for your help, and even more for your patience.
    tom
    Last edited by dang; 19 April 2010 at 07:17 AM.

There's nothing wrong with WD's internal FTP publishing feature. It uses the same protocol and requires the same user details as a stand alone FTP client.
    I only mentioned using an FTP client because many people are more familiar with them and feel they are in better control.
    The built-in publishing works fine provided all the details are 100% correct. It fails when they are not, it's as simple as that.
    I wish I could offer to help you upload your site files for your deadline, but it would require a great deal of trust on your part - so I'll leave that with you.