Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

On Saturday I downloaded Menumaker, it does look a good programme. Just a question for you knowledgable folk out there.

If you have a site that uses frames, namely a 'header' frame, and a 'main' frame where all pages are displayed, is there a way where you can put a navigation bar in the header frame without the 'drop-down' menu getting cut off so-to-speak about a 'link and a half' down. In other words, there may be any number of items in the drop-down bit of the menu, but only the top one and a half links actually display.

Is it as simple as saying you have to have a frame big enough capable of displaying the whole length of the drop-down menu, and that when, as in my case the menu hits the bottom of the frame it stops?

I know that the above sounds fairly basic, and to those of you in the know fairly obvious, so forgive the simplicity of the question.

If I cannot accomodate the drop-down menu in the header frame then it may be back to the drawing-board!

I would welcome any ideas and constructive advice on the above subject.

Yours expectantly,

Alan

Hi,

On Saturday I downloaded Menumaker, it does look a good programme. Just a question for you knowledgable folk out there.

If you have a site that uses frames, namely a 'header' frame, and a 'main' frame where all pages are displayed, is there a way where you can put a navigation bar in the header frame without the 'drop-down' menu getting cut off so-to-speak about a 'link and a half' down. In other words, there may be any number of items in the drop-down bit of the menu, but only the top one and a half links actually display.

Is it as simple as saying you have to have a frame big enough capable of displaying the whole length of the drop-down menu, and that when, as in my case the menu hits the bottom of the frame it stops?

I know that the above sounds fairly basic, and to those of you in the know fairly obvious, so forgive the simplicity of the question.

If I cannot accomodate the drop-down menu in the header frame then it may be back to the drawing-board!

I would welcome any ideas and constructive advice on the above subject.

Yours expectantly,

Alan

Because you normally fix the frame size, then the menu will just get cut.

You can make the frame borders movable but not automatically unless perhaps JavaScript could be used.

Do you have to use frames? Or put single level navigation at the top and variable length to the left.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Have you ever used inline frames? I use them on a couple of sites and the dropdowns roll right over them. I like them because you can place an inline frame within a table cell and customize the page layout better. You can still turn off scrolling and borders too.

I would recommend building your page and placing the content navigated to into inline frames. It should work for you.

Good luck!

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen

XaraXone 2002 Featured Logo Artist
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

Have you considered using layers instead of frames? so you have the header in layer and nav bar in layer 2 which over laps layer 1 (the main layer. It is better than using frames if you have a drop down menu because it is more fluent but the frame bgcolor must be transparent. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

www.dawarehouse.tk