Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: x5 autotrace

Question x5 autotrace

I am a x4 user thinking about upgrading to x5, and was wondering if anyone has, and if the autotrace in x5 is anybetter than x4? Or are there enough improvements to justify the upgrade cost?
    IP

Default Re: x5 autotrace

On past performance, Corel releases tend to disappoint (at least the do for me), having few improvements. I would be inclined to download the free trial and see if the autotrace feature meets with your expectations. Sorry I can't answer your question yet, your post was the first indication I had that X5 was released.
    I will be following my own advice though and will give it a test drive soon.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks Bob
    IP

I have the X5 version. The biggest decider for me to upgrade, was the new B-spline tool. I'm a heavy user of that tool, it makes drawing vectors so much easier for me. I don't have to think so far ahead to make my next node. Expression 3, Canvas, PhotoImpact and Serif Draw has an easy curve tool which makes smoother vector drawing for me. Software junkie here, master of none.

Didn't notice much difference in autotrace, however I do use Corel Draw for that more than any other program that I have.

Illustrator, Inkscape, Real Draw Pro, MS Expression and Xara does not have scanning ability and to me that is one huge minus on these programs. Check with Ebay you might find a better price for X5.
    IP

Thanks George
    IP

Just downloaded X5 and tested the Trace feature using Vector Magic as the benchmark.
    Given that Vector Magic is probably the best bitmap tracer out there, then I think that X5 compares pretty well (see attachment - click thumbnail to enlarge).
    This release of draw actually looks like better value for money than recent releases, in my opinion.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gollies.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	71481  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP