Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Placeholder in version 6 of xwd

Is anyone aware that placeholder is not working with version 6 of xwd ?

I built several forms using ver 5 of xwd and now with ver 6 the darn thing does not work.

Any ideas or help that someone can offer ?

Thank you,

Juan

Default Re: Placeholder in version 6 of xwd

Quote Originally Posted by infoseek View Post
    Is anyone aware that placeholder is not working with version 6 of xwd ?
    So that your code is not inserted into exported HTML? No, not aware.
    Any ideas or help that someone can offer ?
    Without any samples provided, only mind readers possibly could.

Attach the file with problem and we will try to help you.
    John.

There's supposed to be a form right smack in the middle of this page -

http://insightsonaging.net/resources.htm

with ver 6 the html shows up in the placeholder but not when published -

This one was created with the prior version of xwd (whatever version that was)

http://insightsonaging.net/submitstory.htm as you can see, the form shows up.

I've tried placing google adsense and other html on the new version6 of xwd and nothing works -

The pages you show contain absolutely different code in the placeholder. Moreover, both pages are exported with WD5 while you say it's WD6 ?
    John.

Talking Re: Placeholder in version 6 of xwd

I upgraded to version 6 two weeks ago. Only version I'm using is 6 -

Now if the software is putting code into the placeholder that is not the one I'm pasting then that a whole different issue.

I go to google - create a adsense code - copy the code and paste it into xwd placeholder - within a few minutes, OK sometimes takes longer, I should see that on the site right ?

I upgraded to version 6 two weeks ago. Only version I'm using is 6 -
    Both sites you show are exported with WD5 ! I'm not kidding. Please double check what are you using and what you have uploaded.
    Now if the software is putting code into the placeholder that is not the one I'm pasting then that a whole different issue.
    This is impossible. Please show the code you are pasting (in the placeholder in WEB or XAR file) and the exported page that contains something else.
    I go to google - create a adsense code - copy the code and paste it into xwd placeholder - within a few minutes, OK sometimes takes longer, I should see that on the site right ?
    Does it work in WD5 and fails in WD6 ? If it fails in both then there may be many reasons why you can't see what you expect. Again more info needed for me to make any conclusions.
    John.

I think I may know what the problem is ??? Just maybe ?

I originally designed the sie with ver 5 - then upgraded to ver 6 - do you think that's why you see them as being published with ver 5 ?

If not, then there is definitely a problem with both ver 5 ad 6 being installed on my computer.

The .web files changed to reflect the new version. They now have a different look to reflect ver 6 -

what a mess !

I originally designed the sie with ver 5 - then upgraded to ver 6 - do you think that's why you see them as being published with ver 5 ?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The pages you show were exported from WD5. No matter what program you have created the design with, the export was made from WD5. So the design was opened in WD5 and exported from WD5. Not from WD6.
    what a mess !
    Sometimes happens.
    John.

Nope - I can guarantee you that this site was uploaded with ver 6 and not 5

I use the built in FTP with ver 6 - maybe xara support needs to be contacted on this one.

How do I know this ? I removed version 5 from my computer this morning.

Nope - I can guarantee you that this site was uploaded with ver 6 and not 5
    You are wrong. The files contain version of the HTML Filter used on export. Besides, the structure of the HTML exported by WD5 and 6 slightly differs so I can recognize it. Both your pages have following string as you can see on your own:
    Code:
    <meta name="Generator" content="Xara HTML filter v.2.1.0.671"/>
    WD6 uses following filter version:
    Code:
    <meta name="Generator" content="Xara HTML filter v.3.1.0.319"/>
    I use the built in FTP with ver 6 - maybe xara support needs to be contacted on this one.
    First remove all the files you have on server. Then export and publish again from WD6.
    I removed version 5 from my computer this morning.
    Ok. So the pages you show were exported earlier from WD5. The peges you have exported from WD6 must be somewhere else.
    John.