Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...i've created a couple of bots to see which direction everyone would prefer to go with it.

This of course is slightly dependant on what the specific scene (environment) for the bot will be, but these 2 may spark further ideas.

These were modelled and cheaply rendered in just Rhino. Don't think of them as looking "finished" yet.
    Have a look, use your imagination, and give me some input please.

Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Toy Bot idea #2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toy_robot_2.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	18942  

...i've created a couple of bots to see which direction everyone would prefer to go with it.

This of course is slightly dependant on what the specific scene (environment) for the bot will be, but these 2 may spark further ideas.

These were modelled and cheaply rendered in just Rhino. Don't think of them as looking "finished" yet.
    Have a look, use your imagination, and give me some input please.

Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Toy Bot idea #2

...and this idea is on a slightly more humorous, approach, using more 'human-like' qualities.

I'm thinking of this one as "Zippy - the light bot". hahaa [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    He can have a beam of light shinning out through the top of his head. Oh ya and... i know... he still could use some legs or something... wanted some thoughts about 'em first though before i bothered to do that. (and... because i couldn't make up my mind about how that should be done - DOH!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Name:	Zippy_-_the_light_bot.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	12788  

Mark,

I like the original robot (Gary's design) best. I like the retro look of it. Of the two new designs I like the 2nd one. (Zippy) I guess I am still a kid when it comes to cartoons, and Zippy has that funny cartoon look about him.

As far as legs go, The pogo look that you have seems to work for me.

--Randy

...if anyone else feels that way also, then i guess we could just use Gary's model verbatum. I don't mind.

Hey Gary?!...
    Should we just go ahead and use your model verbatum? Or what? Or should i maybe just tweak it out a little, but keep it's basic structure the same?

Not much to "sculpt" though if we do guys... all my job will consist of then is simply repeating the steps Gary performed to render the original version... right? So... but i'll swing with the rest is that's how we go with it.

PS: ya i like the "Zippy" version also Randy. I like the possibilities of that one.

Mark: I like both Gary's 1# 'bot, and your 2# 'bot. How about using your robot as a sidekick to the other one? I think it would be a great contrast (one small and one tall 'bot, like two mechanical Laurel & Hardy)

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

I love that laurel and Hardy idea. Maybe I can model a piano. lol

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

I like Garys first bot as well.

We also need an arch nemesis,so I had a play around and I came up with Dr freaky head.I made his eyes little orbs that perch uneasily on his eyelids so that they can roll around and even fall off and bounce about the place if he is animated.The texturing is just basic.

What do you guys think?

Stu.

Name:	Dr-freaky-head.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	15588  

Heres a better arch nemesis.I modelled this one the moon hoppers of old,ya know the big rubber balls with handles that ya bounced around on as kids?....and also as adults whilst drunk [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I call this one Freaky von moon hopper,and I thought it would fit in nicely with other toys and the robot.

Stu.

Name:	Freaky-moon-hopper.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	19491  

Folks---

I like the discussion going on here, but Mark, I would please request that you use my vision of the wind-up bot. The reason? If you don't, I will have made no contribution!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Seriously, you...and others...need to develop skills that allow you to read blueprints...that's another thing PIXAR likes in a 3D professional. While I'm on the subject, I *was* connected with PIXAR a while ago (not any more) and that is why every other word from me is "PIXAR".

So screw PIXAR and think Pacific Data and DreamWorks. Ya wanna do "Shrek:the Sequel"? Then you learn to work with others, and that is the true purpose behind my dumping this challenge on everyone. I wanna see gifted businessmen who are also gifted modelers. You know Jen does this stuff as a hobby???? And look how he's done.

Stu--

I like your storytelling talent, and I like the first goofy-looking enmy the best. Why not take a while off from modeling and think about a story that this tiny bot could be in a single frame of?

Yes, sidekicks are a wonderful idea!

Keep reaching!!!!!

Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.