Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question XWD contest: trouble uploading my site

Greetings all.

Yesterday evening I attempted to enter my XWD website for the Xarazone contest (deadline is today). During the upload process, a notice came up indicating I needed to acquire (purchase I believe) some space of sorts in order to complete my upload. I can't remember the exact term that was displayed.

Another question is:

The contest states to upload the ".xar" file. When I save the work in XWD, the extension is html and not xar.

What's the best way to tie all my graphic and html files in order to upload or will the output from XWD encompass the whole 'enchilada' in one neat bundle.

This is my first XWD site. In reality it's a test before I actually launch it but wanted to throw my hat in the ring for this contest.

Your comments and advice is always very much appreciated.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!

Default Re: XWD contest: trouble uploading my site

Hi,
    You have to have a working version of you website on the internet to let the contest viewers actually preview the site. You then submit the WD6 or Xara Xtreme drawing you stored on your machine to create the functional site to the competition so they can examine the .Xar/Web file.
    JimM
    Hope that helps

Smile Re: XWD contest: trouble uploading my site

Aha!

Understood.

It makes more sense now. Oh well . . . back to the er-uh . . . drawing board (tablet really).

¡Gracias!
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!