Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This is a piece that is 1/12 collection of coloquial figures of Puerto Rico. What they represent are both in past/present. Some are only
    history. This is a shot I took with dig camera and brought it into X. Some have seen my post Land Crabs.(lines etc.) This collection was done in black and colored inks. It's a fragmentary style of mine...there are certain tricks in working with those inks that allows me to get these final results. As you can see the influence in the Crab post. I really would like to get this to perfection with X...so, expect to see more of this. I hope that's ok with you guys? If it becomes bothersome,let me know...Thanks.

bill clegg :eek

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on June 24, 2001 at 18:33.]

This is a piece that is 1/12 collection of coloquial figures of Puerto Rico. What they represent are both in past/present. Some are only
    history. This is a shot I took with dig camera and brought it into X. Some have seen my post Land Crabs.(lines etc.) This collection was done in black and colored inks. It's a fragmentary style of mine...there are certain tricks in working with those inks that allows me to get these final results. As you can see the influence in the Crab post. I really would like to get this to perfection with X...so, expect to see more of this. I hope that's ok with you guys? If it becomes bothersome,let me know...Thanks.

bill clegg :eek

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on June 24, 2001 at 18:33.]

happened,guys. Trying to post it.

bill clegg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Was having prob with CD..finally got to work.
    Sorry. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on June 25, 2001 at 11:38.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	billetes2.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	6538  

..Risto that I was refering to. This shows you the heavy influence of line in my posts. Tao has a very interesting post of line drawing having a Japanese watercolor(?) effect. I think he did it with certain brushes in X. I feel quite sure that X will perform...lot's of practise,I guess.

"old geezer" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Bill - I hope you'll give some hints as to the techniques you used?? The results look great! I've seen something similar before that used an 'edge detect' filter.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

..reply,Ross. As I mentioned,this collection was done in colored inks. If you have never used them they are quite like working with watercolors..only the inks dry almost immediately. You can prolong drying adding small amounts of water. So, that is one thing very important to remember because once you lay down the color..that's it, unless use the water. One proceed much like in watercolor..laying down the color very thin and build up. It's a little tricky..much practise needed. I feel confident that I can come up with somehing similar in Xara X. Thanks for comments.

bill clegg
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

The image is great, Bill. It looks like a fun and quick style to get things down on paper. I can see that the technique translates well to Xara, where you can move the lines around until you get them excactly where you want them.

Great!

Risto