Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Navbar Behavior for WD6

Scenario:
    The active page is Page 2. The user passes the cursor over nav-button for Page 3 and the sub-menus appear.
    However, if the a sub-menu is now clicked upon, nothing happens (Page 3 is not activated, nor is the link to the popup layer exeucted).

So my questions are these:
    1- If the user is on Page Two, SHOULD the popup sub-menus of Page 3 work?
    2- SHOULD the sub-menus of the button of Page 3 even appear when the user not on Page 3?

To me it seems the way the Navbar menus work are Atypical of how other menuing configurations work.

JohnC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavBar Question.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	71374  

Default Re: Navbar Behavior for WD6

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    1- If the user is on Page Two, SHOULD the popup sub-menus of Page 3 work?
    Yes.
    2- SHOULD the sub-menus of the button of Page 3 even appear when the user not on Page 3?
    Yes. They should appear irrelevant of where the user is.
    To me it seems the way the Navbar menus work are Atypical of how other menuing configurations work.
    It certainly is not expected to work atypically but if you have encountered such behaviour I would appreciate you providing the design file with the problem.
    Thanks.

EDIT
    Sorry, I've missed one point:
    However, if the a sub-menu is now clicked upon, nothing happens (Page 3 is not activated, nor is the link to the popup layer exeucted).
    So you have a links to pop-up layers in the page 3 sub-menu. Then this is a CORRECT behaviour.
    To implement it the way you want, you have to create separate navbar for page3 which will have the submenu. Navbars on other pages should not have a submenu on the page3 button.
    John.

So another navbar on Page 3 would be the way to go in WD6 the way it currently works.

What I initially expected was, while on Page 2, that the submenus of the Page 3 button could be executed if clicked on. They do not in the attached file. If they did, then this, from my perspective, would be "typical". Perhaps my perspective is a "myopic"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 11 April 2010 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    that the submenus of the Page 3 button could be executed if clicked on. They do not in the attached file.
    Because you don't have the appropriate pop-up layers on page 2 to which they are linked!
    John.

now see the logic in a new light.

I was thinking the function of the submenus would autoamatically trigger the function of its parent before executing.

I suppose that method could be a part of how WD6 would work but it would mean Page 3 would reload even if the user was already on Page 3 ... that would be a waste.

Thanks for letting me confuse myself

Sure, no problem. Feel free to ask if you have any doubts again.
    John.