Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: Highslide Tweaks for XWD6

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    ... and that's a good sign, because if I find some issues I would let you know.
    Seems quite well done though.
    Silence = approval. Okay, I'll remember that Perhaps that for others it's good to know that these tweaks past the test. Thanks for letting us know!

Default Re: Highslide Tweaks for XWD6

To Deltapete and Mediaguy: hope you find them useful. Let us see your designs!

I think there's probably many people waiting for XXP6 so don't need the tweaks yet
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Well, I actually hope that quite a few of these tweaks and other new Highslide options will be incorporated in XXP6's Web Properties/Image/Options dialog. I mean, to make Pro really Pro

How about having uncluttered option boxes and instead incorporating the tweaks in the design gallery like widgets? BTW, I like the comment/options you include in the tweaks.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    How about having uncluttered option boxes...?
    In my view, that's what the "Web Properties/Image/Popup photo options" dialog that we have now already is. It seems that it could be 'easily' expanded to include other popup and gallery options, such as player skin, background color, font, types of transitions etc. etc.

BTW, I like the comment/options you include in the tweaks
    Thanks! With some of these variables it took me some time to figure out what they meant or how they worked. So, these texts were meant to give users a bit of a head start. For instance, the "Title Position" tweak has three variables, but I still have difficulty understanding how the first two exactly interact. Users just have to experiment, especially because the effect depends on the size/length of the title.

Boy,
    I'm having a problem getting several tweaks to work together. My web has the centering popup and no right click tweak. Works OK in IE8 but still right-clickable in Firefox. Tried them both on and off the page with the same result. Any suggestions?

Jim

Hi Jim, I tried your setup and it worked in Firefox 3.6.3. Perhaps you can try to refresh FF's cache by pressing F5. Let me know if that works.

boy,
    Nope, still the same. here's the URL: http://www.pigeonrivercountry.com/early.htm and a screenshot. Maybe you can take a look and see what it does for you. I'm using FF3.5.8 as I have some add-ons that won't work in 3.6.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture045.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	71526  

Works for me, Jim, both in IE and FF. Please note, though, the right-click blocking only works on the popups ('protecting' the larger versions of your photos), not the rest of the page.

Great pictures by the way and a nice site!