Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embed youtube video

Running into problems embedding youtube vids & I can't figure out why...

(Using web designer MX v 8)

I grab the youtube widget & drop it onto my page. Then I find the video I want, select 'share', then 'embed', then copy the html code (I tried control+C and also right-clicking & 'copy' - doesn't make any difference unfortunately). Then I click 'insert' and it pops up a warning that there's nothing on the clipboard. I also tried to copy / paste into the 'placeholder' tab on the web properties menu & run into the same thing. When I go to paste the html code into the space, nothing pastes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

Default Re: Embed youtube video

Mark - Have a look at this tutorial on Xara-Users http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=622

If the tutorial is helpful, or if you have questions, please say thanks or post questions on the Xara-Users board.

Thanks, but it wasn't any help. My problem is that when I copy the html code it doesn't show up on the clipboard for some reason (or my Xara program isn't finding it).

So this isn't even the right place for me to post questions? I figured the "Web Design Chat for Xara Products" was where I should be talking about a program such as Xara Web Designer MX.

Fair enough. Steve generally had some good answers. This time I was wrong.

I just went to YouTube, selected a video at random and select Share > Embed. I copied the code:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/05uQR5C2AXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    created a Placeholder rectangle to the width and height sated in the code, and pasted the code into the Body portion of the placeholder.

I previewed the video and it comes right up.

Is this what you have been doing?

Yep - that's what I've been trying to do, but for some reason it's not copying the code (or it's not finding it on the clipboard). I'm going to assume it's got something to do w/the error messages I've been getting (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ram-error-quot) - although I don't get any error messages at any point during the video embed process.

It might be something to do with your virus protection settings. Copy and paste are very basic functions on any OS. It could also be a setting on your browser though for the life of me I cannot image what it might be.

Yes, but for some reason it doesn't recognize that I've copied anything. I've tried right click + then 'copy', and also ctr-C. It always pops up an error stating that there's nothing on the clipboard. No other issues with copy/paste.