Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with PSP7

Problem with PSP7
    After installing PSP7, all images (psd, psp, pspimage and tub) can't be seen on my PC. Before installing PSP7 it was just open the folder and all appeared, now is only these icons that shows. . Do you know any solution, to help me?
    Thanks. Isa.
    IP

Default Re: Problem with PSP7

Hello Isa,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

What version of Windows are you using?

Many members have reported issues viewing thumbnails of graphics files in 64 bit versions of Windows. This is a known issue due to the command extension used by 32 bit versions to display thumbnails does not work in 64 bit versions.

If you are running a 32 bit version of Windows you may need to uninstall PSP7, disconnect from the Internet, turn off your antivirus and other security software, use "Run as administrator" to run the PSP7 installer. After the installation is complete use "Run as administrator" for the first time you run PSP7. Then re-enable your security programs.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi, good afternoon!
    Thank you for loving welcome.
    Excuse me for not having reformulated the question with the appropriate data, is that one week that this problem has persisted and after several attempts, a friend told about this forum. The anciedade was such that not casually mentioned that neu is windows XP ,64 bits,before installing PSP7 I already had the PSP9 and PSPX2 and everything worked fine. As I needed a lot of lessons from 7 to tubing and did not use the X2, which I did?: Disable X2 to install it and the first impression I had was that the 7 had assumed and taken care of everything. Being older I thought the pictures would not even be recognized and made another mistake, I installed the X3, plus recency thinking that by being younger, would take over again and open the images. Pure Engedi now some images beyond the seal 7, also has the seal of the X3.
    I remember two years ago taught me to put a dll to open these files, it also would not open until then, but I do not find them and also think they are unnecessary because they already exist on my PC.
    So is the case is lost? Should I reformat the PC to fix the error, or follow the path indicated by you in previous message window would solve?
    Already thank you for the help, I need that much.
    Hugs
    Isa
    IP

There are Two Points Here. The Viewing of Thumbnails I will cover First. Windows does not have a native way of displaying Thumbnails for PSP Or even PSD The browser was Designed for that But. Bot productions Made a Free PSP thumbnail shell extension and Jasc then followed with one IN PSP 8 Same with PSP 9 but it originally would not enter the necessary lines in the register so Needed a reg fix Each PSP since has had the sell extension built In. Some users of X£ with 64 bit WIN 7 have had problems But Bot production have a 64 bit version. I suggest you down load that and Install
    http://www.botproductions.com/pspthumb/index.html
    The shell extension for Psd was withdrawn by Adobe from the intro of CS1
    Now PSP images not opening. In each image file is some hex code saying what format the image is in PSP 7 has never herd of psp 9 or x so can not open them the latest PSP X" will open its own and back to PSP 7 images and of course X3 will also. Unless when saving in X2 you saved as PSP 7 compatible by click the option button Then PSP 7 will not be able to read them Reinstalling X" will give you back the control and be able to open them and takes up far less space on the computer. If you have bought X3 then use that But If it was only a Trial You will find that the package is !.5 GB as against X2's 400 MB
    IP

Olá Trev,
    Não sei se conseguí entender muito bem mas mesmo assim muito obrigada pela atenção.
    Isa
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by isabauru View Post
    Olá Trev,
    Não sei se conseguí entender muito bem mas mesmo assim muito obrigada pela atenção.
    Isa
    TRANSLATED FORM PORTUGUESE TO ENGLISH:
    Hello Trev,
    I do not know if they can understand very well but still thank you for your attention.
    Isa
    Hi Isa,

Please note that this is an English speaking forum.
    Thanks
    IP

MEMBROS Olá do Fórum e Moderadores,
    Excuse me, but I had not realized it was in Portuguese. That will not happen again.
    Thank You For YOUR advice, the Program PSP Thumbnail Handler [url]http://www.botproductions.com/pspthumb/index.html [/ url]
    Fixo o Meu Problema. Tudo Agora Está bem como Imagens São visíveis com o Programa. Obrigado,

Isa
    Last edited by isabauru; 16 April 2010 at 05:37 PM.
    IP