Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweakset for XWD 6

So perhaps someone can help me with my confusion about these tweaks. Is it possible (and if not it should be,) to create a page that has a tiled image running along the top of the page background, 100% browser width, a separate color in the center of the page, again 100%, and then another tiled image along the bottom of the page 100%, without having to create a single page background image (that limits my vertical page height to the height of the image.)

Probably makes no sense how I'm trying to explain it. I want a tiled image that runs 100% of the top and bottom of the page background, and I want the middle area to expand, automatically pushing the bottom tiled image as I add content.

Sorry that I cannot explain it better than that.

PP - can you find an exact example of what you are asking on the web?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpusher View Post
    Is it possible
    No it isn't.
    John.

Really useful - again, thanks John.

Question: in Dynamic Page, can I have two Dynamic Place Holders, side by side to create two columns that could be of unequal length? I have tried giving each 'column a unique name but it's still the left-hand one that seems to dictate the length of the page. If longer, the right-hand column will encroach into the Footer.

I feel sure you have a work-around!

One more please John, re Dynamic Page. Can I get a background texture image in place of the background panel, please, and is there any control on tiling?

Thanks again.

Q1. Two dynamic columns on one page.
    Current tweak does not support this. You have to know in advance which column will always be longer and place it in the dynamic placeholder. If this is impossible at all and any appropriate redesign of the page is not an option, then let me know and I may provide improved script with multi-column support.

Q2. Background.
    The object with id="my_background" is used as a background. It can be any object/group in WD, you just have to apply this name to it. Check the name of the default blue background rectangle in the tweak.
    But it is always stretched, no tiling support. On the other hand, you can have a code placeholder with any custom html element that may have tiling for example, as a background applying this name to it.
    John.

Very many thanks for such rapid response. I think I can get my client to cope with one dynamic column and another (or more) that must be no longer. In the longer term it would be really helpful to have a multi-column solution but what you have supplied is already superb.

On a slightly different tack I am assuming that I need to apply the 'renaming' workaround (as in V5 tweakset) if I have multipe dynamic pages in the site?

Quote Originally Posted by bexvlad View Post
    I am assuming that I need to apply the 'renaming' workaround (as in V5 tweakset) if I have multipe dynamic pages in the site?
    No, I don't think so. Doesn't it working without renaming?
    John.

Q1. Two dynamic columns on one page.
    Current tweak does not support this. You have to know in advance which column will always be longer and place it in the dynamic placeholder. If this is impossible at all and any appropriate redesign of the page is not an option, then let me know and I may provide improved script with multi-column support.
    Please add this, especially useful for long category menues and actual page content that are both dynamic. Page content would usually be longer than menues but not always.

Also how do I add this dynamic page to a website? Double clicking it opens a new site I think, do I copy the page into other site some how?

Ok. Here's the Dynamic Page tweak that supports multi-column layouts. To add as many columns as you want, simply make copies of the yellow rectangle and fill them with the appropriate content the same way as with the previous version of this tweak.
    Please confirm that it works the way you want. If it does, I'll replace the old one with this in the next version of the tweakset.
    See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.