Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PVII Widgets

Question PVII Widgets

Hi Guys 'n' Gals:

I have in the past used Widgets & CSS Menus from ProjectSeven in Dreamweaver.

Web Designer Pro 7 has "got my attention" (looks very swish, and incredibly powerful) & I was wondering if there was a way to use such widgets from PVII?

I have a need for a feature similar to the WD7 Easy Accordian widget, bit need more control (i.e. need to add more than just a few lines of text). PVII have a superb widget called Elevator Panel Magic - was wondering if this would work with XWD7.

Also - I have just seen that Xara Designer is now at V7. Apart from the obvious additional graphics capabilities, does XD 7 Pro have all the web capabilities of Xara WD7?

Thanks

JW

Default Re: PVII Widgets

Yes, XDP7 has all the web functionality of the XWD7P.
    PVII widgets are made to work in Dremweaver only.
    Supports both Windows and Mac OS X in the following Dreamweaver versions:
    Dreamweaver MX
    Dreamweaver MX 2004
    Dreamweaver 8
    Dreamweaver CS3
    Dreamweaver CS4
    Dreamweaver CS5—and higher.
    Theoretically it may be possible to use their scripts, but there would be certainly no way to have their UI in XWD.
    John.

Thanks covoxer.

If I was to "configure" the PVII widget in Dreamweaver, and then copied the HTML - where / how would I paste this into XWD7P?

Cheers

To add any code to the body section, use code placeholders. Your code will be placed inside the properly positioned and sized <div> element (based on the placeholder object position and size).
    To add code to the head section either use the head code field in the placeholder object or head code fields on the Page or Website tabs of the web properties dialog.
    John.

Hello there,

My ten cents. Xara can pretty much do the same things as the Project Seven widgets. It can do them simply and beautifully, keeping everything in the program. Is there any particular feature you were especially interested in. There are a lot of v talented users here who work exclusively in Xara. I bet they would be able to get you to a similar result.

Good luck.

Ali