Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Thumbnail Image for video

Hi,
    Im new to webdesigner 6 and have been playing around with adding video to my page. I import or drag drop mp4 into the page and everything looks fine. I would like to know if there is a way to ad a thumbnail of the first image of the video or a replacement image to show before the video is clicked. Similar to how youtube does this. Possibly this can be done in the code of the placeholder or using a 3rd party player instead of the inbuilt one.

Appriciate any help.
    Thanks

Default Re: Thumbnail Image for video

Take a screen shot of the movie playing and place it behind the player placeholder.

Once you dragged & dropped your video file onto you web page, open the Web Properties window, select the Placeholder tab and change the two occurrences (in the "Replace with HTML code" window) of "autoplay=false" into "autoplay=true". Next, check the "Re-generate placeholder image automatically" option and click "Apply". After a little processing by XWD, the video image will be shown.
    Last edited by Boy; 08 April 2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added phrase

Ah, you watched my video. Thanks Boy
    But you missed the most important second step

Thank you both for your quick reply.

I did see sledgers video but hoped there was another solution.

As for changing the 2 occerances i did try that but I want the video to only play when clicked so that didn't work..

As i was reading this i already have a screen shot of the video ready to do the option you suggest sledger was just hoping one code change would do it

ty

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Ah, you watched my video.
    You'll always be the master!