Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Southern California.USA , Quartz Hill Ca.

Default Flash or Web Show

I made a slide show in photodex producer I'm not sure if any one here uses it but I can figure out how to post the slide show to my site useing WD I tried rendering it to a Flash show and a web show I put the web code in a place holder and I put the video to the route folder using a ftp client and then did a standard WD upload but I cant get them to work ...has anyone had any luck useing photodex producer with WD?

Thanks Mike

Default Re: Flash or Web Show

Mike

Did you link the placeholder to the Flash file? And is the size of the placeholder the same size as the largest image?

I don't think you need the code if the Flash file is self contained, which is the reason for creating a Flash file in the first place.

I tried it several diferent ways with on luck I was just wondering if someone was able to get it to work useing their format.

Also I rendered it in a AVI file whats the best way to try that is it just use the link area or the place holder I just want to put the AVI in the root and link to it or is there a way to get a player to play on the page?

thanks
    Mike

If you open the Flash file in a Flash player does it work in the player?

It works on my desktop when I render it from Photodex

Drag and drop the SWF, FLV or MP4 to you WD6 page. Web Designer will create the necessary code and copy the source file ready for publishing. No need to upload independently.

I might have done it wrong but I drug it to the page and the picture showed up and it worked in preview but when I uploaded it and hit play it just flashed and stoped like its just one frame ...Here is the page http://www.directsound.com/client_preview_page.htm

I cant see it here at work but tell me if you get the same condition

also I tryise to post a bit of html code it tell you to do by selecting the picture that shows up in the placeholder are it changes from 2010.swf I think thats what it said to the placeholder and tried to upload and the picture went away and I went back to the drag and drop method.

Im not sure where to go from here

Mike

Mike

This is frustrating.

How large is the SWF file? Maybe one of us can take a look at it and see why it is not working?

If it is under 100 MB (and I should hope so) maybe you could send it to me via You Send it. If you do, please add something to the subject line so I know what it is you want me to download.

And where is Quartz Hills? I grew up in Los Angeles and this is not an city or area I have ever heard of. I have been out of southern California for over 25 years.

I will try to see what size it is when I get back home tonight if to to big I will make a 3 pic slide show and render that to send ...Quartz Hill is just outside of Lancaster - Palmdale in the High Desert off the 14fwy

Could you see the main pic on the page? as I think they block it here at work. I could see it at home but that is where I made it and I didnt look from a diffrent computer.

I think there is 3 things that it puts out a mp4 some kind of flash file and then they have some kind of HTML code they give you do you need it all?

Funny I lived in Alamogordo for a bit as my dad was in the Air Force

Mike

According to the source on your page, the flash being loaded is 2010.swf which is only 61KB in size.
    This appears to be only the loading screen, there is nothing else referenced in the source to indicate there are any files it should load.
    Looks like there are missing files.

HTML Code:
    [SIZE="1"]<object class="xr_swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="258" height="258"> 
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/2010.swf"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/> 
    <!--[if !IE]>--><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="index_htm_files/2010.swf" width="258" height="258"><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><!--<![endif]-->[/SIZE]

360x300 is the native size, but appears much smaller on your page.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swf-size-compare.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	71305
    Attached Files Attached Files