Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default master page manager

When are Xara intending to bring out a master page manager and ability to upload one new page onto your website? I have been waiting for this for sometime as I have a number of changes I wish to make to my site, but had such serious problems uploading it I do not wish to touch it right now for fear I might bring the whole lot down.

Default Re: master page manager

XWD6 now publishes only the pages and page elements that have been changed. From the Help file:

Re-publish changed files only
    By default Xara Web Designer 6 keeps track of the files that make up your published website and when you come to re-publish after making changes to your site, it attempts to re-publish only the files that have changed. This makes re-publishing much quicker in most cases.

However Xara Web Designer 6 does not know if you have deleted or modified files in your web space using another tool. Therefore if you have any problems whereby your published site does not match the locally exported copy of your site, you should arrange for the whole site to be re-published. To do this, turn off the Re-publish changed files only option at the bottom of the Publish tab. Then the next time you publish, every file making up the site will be published, making sure that your published site is up to date.

Hi stuart,

I believe WebDesigner 6.0 has the ability now to upload just what you need to upload. If you check the Xara site that's one of the new features....

Incremental Publishing
    ​When you publish your website Web Designer now uploads only the files changed since the last publish operation. This provides a huge performance gain when editing large websites, particularly if you have large attachments such as video files.

Hope that helps.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

I have Xara WD 5 - do I have to pay for the new WD or is this an update?

The new WD6 is not an update, it's a newer version so it is a purchase unless -- 6 week period of grace: If you purchased Xara Web Designer 5 on or after 8th February 2010, contact sales for your free upgrade to V6.
    (from the Xara website).

Hope that helps....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

You can upgrade for $29.00 US http://www.xara.com/us/products/webdesigner/buy/

But if you have having trouble with WD 5 and do not want to spend the money to upgrade then I would recommend an FTP program to upload your files and to manage the site. However considering the price for CuteFTP Lite, a stripped down version of their FTP program is $24.00 US, I think the upgrade is the best bet.

There are also free FTP programs such as Filezilla http://filezilla-project.org/.