Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photos popup gallery not working (again)

Is there a limit to the number of photos on a page? I posted here a couple of days ago because I had a page of photos that didn't work with the gallery settings (and one that did). I had a reply (thanks REMO55) but had partially solved it by copying the page that did work and replacing the photos.

However I've now started a new web page in WD6 and put a few photos on it with the full settings for pop-up photos, including all gallery options. I kept checking the pop up and the first few were fine. I then added the rest of my photos, about 24 in all and next time I checked the photos popped up individually in a full size window but with no navigation, back button etc, most of the photo page was white with photo top left hand corner.
    I started working backwards removing a few photos at a time and have discovered that 12 pop up photos works fine, but if I add a 13th it reverts to the separate pop up page again.
    Oddly the some of the previous pages I was working on have more than 12 photos and seem to be working OK.
    Is this a bug and can it be fixed please? (have attached file with 13 pictures which doesn't work for me, removing one does)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hsinclair; 05 April 2010 at 01:46 PM.

Default Re: Photos popup gallery not working (again)

I had the exact same problem. I cut the images from my second gallery - the one that wasn't working properly - and reloaded the images from the Bitmap gallery and all was well About 15 images on one page and 50 on another. Perhaps there is an intermittent bug here though, seeing as two of us have had the problem.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I just checked a couple of my pages, originally done in XX5 and remodeled in WD6. One has 28 images and another has 21 images. Both use the slideshow and dim background feature. No problems with either of them.

Jim

EDIT: I can add more photos to it if I un-check the "Show image title" in the image options, and the popups work fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture028.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	71216  
    Last edited by jimhanus; 05 April 2010 at 05:17 PM.

OK, so it does work if I uncheck the 'show image title' option BUT - I was actually using both the image title and the Pop up title for different text, and it doesn't explain why this happens only occasionally. I've tried the solution above of deleting and adding from the bitmap gallery, but with the same result, again when I got to more than 12 pop-ups. I have more on other pages that work just fine. It's taking an age to set up a gallery page where I have to keep checking with every addition to see if it's still working. Thought this was meant to make my life easier...

Thanks for posting the problematic design.
    I have checked the issue and it is not related to the number of thumbnails you have. The problem is in the string encoding clash we have with Highslide script.
    In this particular case the apostrophe in the "Ann's 50th 2001" was the reason of the failure.
    We shall look into fixing it.
    Meanwhile to workaround this issue avoid using apostrophe character (') in the photo pop-up title.

Hope it helps.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by covoxer; 05 April 2010 at 07:05 PM.
    John.

That would explain mine working 2nd time around too as I didn't use any titles.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks for the work around. It would explain my problem too, just a coincidence that I had an apostrophe on the 13th photo I tried to add to another page.