Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xtreme is getting swamped by Web Designer again

No doubt I shall be labelled a Luddite for this post, but it is only a conclusion that I have reached since the advent of Web Designer. If you look at the attached screengrab, you will notice that the majority of new posts between around 1000 hrs. and 1330 hrs. today have been Web Designer related, which is pretty much par for the course recently. Back in the days (BWD) (Before Web Designer) when Xtreme ruled the roost, in used to be a pleasure to visit TG, but now one has to manually filter out a large percentage of posts which are of no interest to me, which lessens my enjoyment somewhat.
    I know that some will say;
    “Ah, but the forum only reflects the popularity of Web Designer, or don’t worry, it will all calm down again after a few months when the expected release of Xtreme 6 steals back the limelight, or this just proves from a business point of view that Messrs. Xara are vindicated for running with Web Designer in the first place.” All of this is of course, undeniably true and who am I to voice an unpopular opinion anyway?
    Well, yes. But wouldn’t it be nice if there were an option to be able to deselect the Web Designer forum, or indeed any forum that people might have no interest in. I will probably be told that it is an unfeasible suggestion and impossible to implement or more bother than it is worth, but I just felt it was worth exploring in a calm fashion that wouldn’t ruffle any feathers. Please bear in mind that I'm being lighthearted about this, and not having a moan at TG.
    I would be interested to see your opinions and/or suggestions on the subject.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_13-30_hrs.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	71206  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Xtreme is getting swamped by Web Designer again

It will calm down Bob, as you say, when XXP6 is released. I can understand what you mean though. I don't want to miss anything mind you - I even glimpse the Corel/Adobe stuff occasionally because I might find something useful of a purely graphics nature - so a filter would just worry me in case it was on without my knowing it I'm sure Uncle Sigmund would have a thing or two to say about that
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Don't worry, John they're probably not talking about you behind your back.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Gotta agree with you Bob, this is "Talk Graphics" not "Talk Web."
    What exactly is a Luddite anyways?
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Luddite: (Wikipedia) The Luddites were a social movement of British textile artisans in the nineteenth century who protested—often by destroying mechanized looms—against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution, which they felt were leaving them without work and changing their entire way of life.
    It has come to mean anyone opposed to change.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

The forums are divided now between web design and vectors, so just ignore the web design forum.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Hi Grace, as you can see from my original post above, I use the "New Posts" facility rather than visiting all the non-web related forums. New Posts used to be a way of seeing what I wanted with the fewest mouse clicks. No longer so straightforward when half the posts (more or less) are unwanted as far as I'm concerned. Ideally a search filter would be a solution that could be used whatever one's preferences are, similar to the one attached.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	71213  

I think after 3400 posts, lots of contributions and help, and probably a long time client of Xara would give you the right to voice your opinion, popular or not....
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Hi Bob,

You have absolutely the right to voice your opinion, whether popular or not. How many times has this forum come up to speed on things when people have expressed how they feel about what they see?

You've been an immense help to so many that I believe you can see some things others might not.....a Luddite?....nah....we're all Luddites to some extent.

I'm sure the webmaster(s)? here at TG will try to accommodate your wish (if they're able) as it just helps make this forum that much more friendly to use for all.

I still typically use the graphics and website forums as I'm a slow learner and this stuff just keeps pounding into my thick skull but you're pretty much a master at this point so I see why you would want a more refined method of viewing.

Hope it happens as it'll make this that much better a forum.....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11