Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WD6 Text Alt?

Default Re: WD6 Text Alt?

Quote Originally Posted by Antspants View Post
    The site was uploaded on the 1st of April I think so 5-6 days to get indexed and ranked (bottom) page1 by Google seems quick to me?. Obviously its the clicks from this forum which have made this happen.........superb!
    Well, not necessarily the clicks from this forum. There are a number of factors and it is unlikely that a few clicks from one website would make a significant difference.

Your search phrase looks rather specific, which means your chances of ranking well are much higher. Generic phrases, like "furniture" would be extremely difficult to rank well for, even after much effort and time on SEO factors.

You need to look at the competition for the phrase you are trying to rank for. Two helpful tools are:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

and

http://www.google.com/insights/search/#

Errr... The Xara Web Gallery is an opportunity for members to show off there personal Web Designer or Xtreme created websites. It should not be regarded an open invitation to use TG for posting commercial and business websites only for the purpose of SEO/ranking/linking.

Remember, all submissions are moderated, so any spamming will not make it.
    I guess cynicism has its place as it acts as a protection mechanism (for some anyway) stops people getting hurt etc.

But we're all different not everyone has the same motives:

might help encourage any people who are holding back from posting their sites
    .............you know, get more people posting on the forum, gets more people interested in xara, gets the comminity growing instead of shrinking because of people jumping down the throats of others who are just trying to give a bit back.

Well, not necessarily the clicks from this forum. There are a number of factors and it is unlikely that a few clicks from one website would make a significant difference.

Your search phrase looks rather specific, which means your chances of ranking well are much higher. Generic phrases, like "furniture" would be extremely difficult to rank well for, even after much effort and time on SEO factors.

Thanks. Just for the record, maybe people need to re-read this thread from the start just so we can keep things in context here:

cliff notes:

covoxer gave some helpful hints in response to my post.

They worked better than I expected.

I posted the Google results as a way of saying 'you were right' & 'thank you'.

I learnt something new.

Maybe others can benefit from this by me posting in the web gallery.

Maybe its much easier and less hassle all round if I had just kept quiet and not bothered posting.