Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Rollover photos

Default Rollover photos

I'm not new to html but I am new to using a WYSIWYG editor. Thus far I've been really impressed with Xtreme but I hit a major snag today that has me frustrated.

I have about 150 photos to be posted to a client's web site (which I am revamping with Xtreme). I have gone over the video tutorial for rollover photos but the interface is different than that on Web Designer which is what the tutorial uses. For example, there is no "Layer Gallery" by itself. It's included in the "Object Gallery" and for the life of me I cannot get the settings for the rollover effect to work.

I tried mimicking the settings in the tutorial to no avail. I have experimented with setting after setting after setting combination all with no success. Cursing did no good either.

Someone PLEASE help me to resolve this before I start banging my face on my desktop!

Thanks in advance,
    Jack

Default Re: Rollover photos

Thread moved from Gary's book forum Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme > as it is a Xara Web Designer web related question.

Welcome to TG Jack

Please see this post ► http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...4&postcount=14
    Although Bill talks about buttons, an image with mouseover image works similarly.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 05 April 2010 at 01:54 AM.

video Re: Rollover photos

Because it's Easter Monday and very quiet here I cooked up a small video to show how I create a mouseover image effect which doesn't require an URL on the mouseoff object to trigger it.
    This is for a rollover image effect when no link is wanted - only the effect.
    It's quite simple, I hope my mumbling isn't too bad

DOWNLOAD 4.18MB

Hi Steve,

Very nice and clear mate......
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Nice video Steve very clearly explained

Chris

Hey Steve,
    Thanks so much for the video and all the effort put into it to show a goof-ball noob how to do this!

What I was failing to do was adjust the web properties!

Thank you very, very much!! Hopefully Gary forgives me as well!
    Jack