Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default IP cam in placeholder

I have been trying to establish a live feed of an IP cam (wireless) into a placeholder for a client's web site. I am only in a testing phase at present, thus using only a dynamic IP link and the cam is set with an uninteresting view into my garden, until I complete the installation in the correct location!
    It appears to work just fine in Firefox, Sea Monkey etc., but not in IE8/7. Searches on this forum and indeed on the web for a suitable code snippit or information has been fruitless.
    Can anyone pass on some help or guidance on this problem?
    Many thanks in advance.

The site page link is www.blairmoregallery.co.uk/camview/ (not linked to main site at present).
    The .WEB file is attached.

Thanks again,
    Jambo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There's no heavier burden than great potential!

Default Re: IP cam in placeholder

Nothing wrong with your placeholder or the code you have put in it.
    There's something not right with the software which is broadcasting the stream.

http://81.147.28.185:8150/stream.jpg

In Opera is seems to want to update every second.

Try increasing the time cycle to 5 seconds or more.
    Not all browsers (or connections) will have enough time to redner the image before another one is sent.
    The streaming web cams I've used in the past (quite a while ago actually) use a video stream which is loaded via Windows Media player in a browser.

Anyway, this isn't a Xara Web Designer question at all really.

Steve,
    Many thanks for your prompt response... I will see if I can get something working with Win Media Player... also see if IP cam people can help.

Sorry for being a little off main topics here.
    Thanks again,
    Jambo

Jambo,
    I had the same type of problem with a clients web cams (worked fine in Firefox, not in IE). Unfortunately I wasn't able to resolve it, but fortunately they only used Firefox and didn't care. Let us know if you correct the problem.

Jim

Jim,
    I think I have found an answer, Quicktime, (following Steve's prompt to consider Win Media Player!). Using the rtsp:// protocol which works with RealPlayer as well, but in Quicktime it runs more securely.
    I will message again once the IP cam is in right location and set up with correct 'static' IP address, just to confirm it all works first, then if you want the placeholder code, I will gladly post it up.
    Cheers and thanks for your interest,
    Jambo

p.s. - thanks again Steve for your prompt!