Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WD6 and Photo Popups

Is there a way to get WD6 to popup photos in a window as they did in WD5? If I export the same site with WD6 and WD5, the WD6 version uses a full browser window to display the photo, and I have to use the Back button to return to the site.

Default Re: WD6 and Photo Popups

You will need to reselect the thumbnails and re apply popup photos in the Web Properties dialog for popups that were originally set in WD5 produced document.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane51 View Post
    If I export the same site with WD6 and WD5, the WD6 version uses a full browser window to display the photo
    This is not supposed to happen. Please provide the design in question so we could check what's wrong.
    John.

I already removed WD6 from my computer and replaced it with WD5, due to this and another issue. When I install it again I'll create a new thread.

WD5 and WD6 can co-exist happily on the same PC. There are no conflicts with having older and new version Xara software installed, they use separate directories and separate registry keys.
    The only choice one must make is which program you prefer for handling the file association.

John is right, it shouldn't happen - I think it happened to me on an earlier version, so I suggest you grab the most recent release from Xara.

I created a new web with only one page. I tried re-setting the popup web properties on a few of them, but that didn't fix the problem. Thank god, because that would have been an onerous task in any web site.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your site as supplied in the zip works perfectly fine here.
    I think you are running this in IE8 'locally' and not allowing blocked content when the yellow bar prompts you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	allow-blocked-content.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	71236

Try viewing in another browser.
    I've tested your site in all current versions and it works correctly.

OK, it works fine AFTER I post it to my web site, but not when viewing on my local drive with IE8.

Any idea why that might be? I remitted IE to allow additional content.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane51 View Post
    ...but not when viewing on my local drive with IE8.
    Any idea why that might be?.
    This has already been answered.
    You will need to edit IE's internet options to allow blocked content in the local zone.
    However this is considered insecure, so proceed at your own risk.

Best bet is to use FireFox or Chrome to view your exported pages locally.

You can enable Mark Of The Web to force IE run scripts without confirmation (as we did by default in WD5/X5).
    There's two ways to do so. Either add a "<motw>" name to any object in your design which will force the entire site exported with this feature. Or set following registry key to 1:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\HTMLFilter\3.0\MarkOfTheWeb
    This will force mark of the web on all sites you export. Just the way WD5/X5 did.

Hope it helps.
    John.