Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I haven't been able to open a file in WD6. It reports a serious error has occurred, then after reporting the error upon attempting to open a file again, the program closes. I tried uninstall and reinstall, but same thing occurs each time.

This is the error that is reported:
    ca719ed9-b65f-4870-858f-86971c527818

Do I need to uninstall WD5?

OK, I was able to open a file by double-clicking on the file. It opened with WD6. I was able to make some corrections, save and preview without any problems. Then, when attempting to "Export Website", it had the same "Serious Error" notification. I clicked through that, then when I clicked again on "Export Website", the program closed.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 April 2010 at 10:11 PM.

Default Re: WD6 Reports Serious Error

Moved to Dear Xara Web Designer..

Have you opened a support ticket with Xara Support?

No, I sent the auto "report this error" from the program before it closed. I thought maybe someone else here had experienced something similar, but I must be the Lone Ranger on this one.

I was able to open the file again with WD5, although it reported that "this file has been created with a newer version and some additions will be ignored". I was able to export the file from WD5.

Yes it's always good to sent the report to allow the developers to view errors but this doesn't identify you so you won't get any answer back from Xara on this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtbone View Post
    No, I sent the auto "report this error" from the program before it closed. I thought maybe someone else here had experienced something similar, but I must be the Lone Ranger on this one.
    Nope, I get it too whenever I try to navigate folders saving, exporting etc

I posted here and did get a PM from Xara asking for more details without explicitly opening an incident. I've prompted them for a response.

I'm on Windows 7 using WD6