Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Choose stroke position

I'd like to choose if the stroke should be inside, in the middle or outside the path.
    It could seem silly but would make some precision work much easier (expecially on interface design where actual pixels matter).

Default Re: Choose stroke position

Seems like a good idea to me, +1 vote for this.

I would find that handy occasionally.
    Design is thinking made visual.

That's something i'd like too, was going to suggest it but found this thread. So my vote too!

Yep - been asking for that for a long time. I hate putting a thick stroke on text which then invades the interior of the text.

Agreed +1

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Yep - been asking for that for a long time. I hate putting a thick stroke on text which then invades the interior of the text.

Agreed +1
    Same for me

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

There is a workaround for this using the contour tool. However I too would like to see this implemented.

+1

For those that want to know this is the work around.

Draw your shape
    Apply an inner or outer contour and set the exact width of will be your line
    Click on the Inset Path button
    Now you have an outline the exact size that you want and you can set line color and size normally.

If you do thicken your outline from here though it will start to encroach on the object which isn't ideal. That means that if you want a thicker (completely external) line, you need to reverse your steps and redo them.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A definite +1.
    For precision sizing of a stroked rectangle, such as for a 1/16th-page print ad I prepared recently, the ability to keep the outline/stroke entirely within the bounds of the rectangle/shape would be very useful. Otherwise I have to double the desired stroke weight, and let it overlap the (1/16th-) page edges by 50%.

Glen
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Thumbs up Re: Choose stroke position

+1
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box