Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fish & chips site

Quote Originally Posted by Antspants View Post
    Updated the contact page to put emphasis/priority on 'find us here' and have included 2 images of the shop from the outside.
    That's good, but I really do think that nobody wants to "Contact" a fish shop, but they do want to find it, so on the main page, "Contact" should best be replaced by something like "Map" or "Find Us Here".

I think that "Phone NOW to pre-order" is an important thing to give a lot of emphasis to. Ditch the email (you have a contact form), and make the "phone now" message more prominent on the page.

About emails/contact forms. If you provide a contact form give an idea of when to expect a response. In the case of the form, some might imagine they can place an order via the form and expect it ready on arrival. I doubt that's the case, so I'd give an estimate on response times - "we'll try and get back to you the next working day, chip shop orders are only taken by phone" or something.

Nice work on the site though -fish and chips free for life!

Yum. Bit early but it made me hungry.

Thank you so much everyone for all the feedback, its very helpful getting comments.

Have updated using some/most of the suggestions.

Found a couple of okay pics on istock and have merged them to make a fish & chips snap. Not purchased yet so will have the watermark still.

Made a couple of design tweeks- cut-out look for menu etc. Thinks its all getting there now, slowly!

Edited to add: forgot to mention that the site does have a 'thank you' for your enquiry page which the user is directed to once the contact form has been submitted. Basically says" thank you for your enquiry, we will be in touch within 24 hours": http://www.thechipinntakeaway.co.uk/thanks.htm
    Last edited by Antspants; 04 April 2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: to add comment about thank you re-direct page

better !

one thing - the page name in the browser [up at the very top not on the page itself] is spelling chip 'chipp'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

One other thing that I usually see on my takeaway menus here in the US is the delivery radius. I will be in Wellingboro next month and my first thought was would they deliver to me?
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

one thing - the page name in the browser [up at the very top not on the page itself] is spelling chip 'chipp'
    sorted thank you, hopefully no more smelling p1sstakes.

One other thing that I usually see on my takeaway menus here in the US is the delivery radius. I will be in Wellingboro next month and my first thought was would they deliver to me?
    I have urged them to start deliveries as they lose an edge over others i'm sure, they are looking into it.

I did send this to John the other day, better front page image sure to get 'em in!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnny_gaga_welcomes_you.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	71187  

Thumbs up nice looking site. I would also include the address on the home page and, as was said earlier, try to personalize the chef clip art so that it looks more like the manager/head chef.