Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Navbars in WD6

Default Navbars in WD6

Very impressed with version 6 of Web Designer, particularly as I can get rid of the very clunky menumaker. Just now converting the first of my websites.
    The only minor problem I seem to have is that the Home button on my new bar seems to have permanent mouseover glow - however only on the index page.

www.potkiln.org

I've searched through all the layers and can't find the reason. Can anyone shed light (or turn it off!) on this for me?

Default Re: Navbars in WD6

Hi Alan,

Probably best you post your *.web file for inspection

WD6 by default sets the button related to the page you're on to highlight [the 'Reservation' button highlights on that page too]. Except when there's only sub-menu's linked, as I found out Hoping Steve or someone might know of a way round this
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

To prevent this, give the highlighted navbar button the name "NoAutoHighlight".
    Last edited by Sebastian; 03 April 2010 at 10:16 AM.

What I'd like is to have the main button highlighted if a sub-menu button is clicked as well.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks Guys - amazingly quick response.
    Now that I understand the logic behind it, I'm happy to have the current page button highlighted.

I tend to agree with John. If you're going to have the 2 buttons (home and reservation) highlighted when on that page, the others should also highlight if you're on one of it's submenus. Of couse Xara hasn't set it up this way so if it was my site I would disable highlighting on the buttons so as not to confuse the visitors. Just my 2 cents worth (almost at par with the US now...)
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

I have the same issue. I would like to turn off the auto highlight. What exactly do you "name" noautohighlight (new to wd6). I really like webdesigner, but I do find it is a little short on support/help.
    PS. I really like the pot kiln website. Looks great on my netbook running Ubuntu.