Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: "Active" Web Page

I really appreciate the help, but so far I have not had any luck achieving the desired rollover effect using my own images. There really should be a more intuitive way to do this. Perhaps I'm over thinking the process, but I cannot get it to work. I've imported my own images, grouped them, un-grouped them, placed them on mouseoff and mouseover layers... nothing works or makes any sense to me. A straight on tutorial is what I need I guess.

I need an explanation to know how it was done
    Step by step.

Create 3 page document and name each page as you want.
    Create 3 states of one button. The off state, the mouseover state and the state that will represent the currently selected tab.
    Each state has to be a group (Ctrl+G) that contains a text and some graphics.
    Place the off state on the MouseOff layer.
    Place the hover state on the MouseOver layer just on top of the off state.
    Create "MouseDown" layer just on top of the "MouseOff" alyer and place your selected state on it.
    Select all three groups and soft-group them (Ctrl+Alt+G).
    Now with this soft group selected go to main menu "Arrange / Create Navigation Bar...".
    Check the "Site navigation bar" box an click OK.

Now you have tabs for every page and the navbar is added to all pages.
    Last edited by covoxer; 03 April 2010 at 02:14 PM.
    John.

Here is a thread that deals with the same question. At this post I've provided an attachment with a complete description of what goes on which layers.

Why not attach your xara file to your next post. I'll be glad to take a look. =)

Tried but with no success. The site currently has buttons, but with no rollover effect. Sorry, but this is really frustrating as it is probably so simple and I am making it so hard. The file is attached.

I really really appreciate those trying to steer me in the right direction.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Pixelpusher, does this help ? (assuming you are using XWD6)
    Last edited by Drwyd; 04 April 2010 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpusher View Post
    The site currently has buttons, but with no rollover effect.
    Drwyd's explanation should give you a good idea of how I redid your buttons with regards to the MouseOff and MouseOver layers. Next, I softgrouped each button pair and then all 3 button pairs by selecting Arrange/Apply Soft Group, gave it a name (Repeating:navbar) by selecting Utilities/Names and, finally, had the navbar repeated on all pages by selecting Arrange/Repeat on all pages.

Take a look at the file. Hope this helps...

That is exactly what I have been trying to achieve! I'm still not sure how you got them on the layers, but I intend to study them and get a grip on this.

Thanks so very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpusher View Post
    I'm still not sure how you got them on the layers, but I intend to study them and get a grip on this.
    Very simple: I copied the individual button elements from wherever they were placed and pasted them into the appropriate layers one at a time. Using Solo mode (the 'S' button on the Page & Layer Gallery) can help you with this.

Thank you again for helping with this. I'm going to play with it until I master it. I absolutely love WD6 and I will master it the same as I've mastered Dreamweaver and Expression. Just have to rethink as WD6 presents a different way of creating websites... and I love the new freedom that I have found!