Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Photo Gallery Widget & Layers

Steve (sledger), perhaps my previous post was not clear, so I'll restate it. Is the browser behavior I see with your multiple slideshow file the way you intended it or not? And if not, what might be wrong? I have the April update installed.

Boy,
    On the captions.web, All the captions show for me all the time. Auto slide show, back or forward button during slide show, individuals. I see each caption for each photo, there's never a photo without a caption below it. In with-captions.web, there are several images that don't show captions for me (all the gallery 1 photos).

Jim

EDIT: It appears that it's the last 5 images of the 15 thumbnail line below. Whichever one I click on to start the popups, the last 5 don't show their captions.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 05 April 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Perhaps a little confusion here, Jim. I'm not referring to the captions file but to Steve's original .web file with the three galleries on one page: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...73&postcount=7

The captions don't really have my attention right now; I'm interested to know if you can have different slide shows on one page without each of them including the pictures of the other galleries (as is the case with sledger's file on my system).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	71209  

Sorry Boy, I've been revisiting that file and looking to see why this didn't appear to happen when I created it. In any case yes, your observation is correct, the HighSlide script loads all photos rather than separates them into two slide show groups.

I have found an alternative method to manage a multiple slide show which doesn't load all other photos.

See demo here:
    Mulitple SlideShows
    Attached Files Attached Files

Took me a time to see what you were doing with this one Steve i-Frames on layers ... lateral thinking again
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post

I have found an alternative method to manage a multiple slide show which doesn't load all other photos.
    Thanks Steve, it's a creative and effective solution, as usual.

One questions though: will the ss1 and ss2 pages be 'seen' by the search engines?

Of course, they aren't hidden

That's good then. Thanks.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I was pretty sure that this was possible using seperate pages and a placeholder to hold the pages. One question though, are the popup layers strictly necessary? Couldn't you just do this without the popup layers and just have a single placeholder on the main page? Just a thought.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Well you may do as you wish.. After all, you are the designer
    In my example, popup layers was the better choice.