Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: <html> and <head> placeholders

Yes I do see what you have explained (though I don't have to delete the space to see all code is at the very beginning).
    My point was that this is unnecessary if a placeholder is a graphic object rather than text. Grouping his text was to allow gpholman to retain the WYSIWYG effect he may have wanted to keep

However, there is a circumstance where a text character can be used as a HTML placeholder.. But I will leave you guessing on this one until the WD6 tweaks thread is ready

Thumbs up Re: <html> and <head> placeholders

Sebastian - Well spotted - that was the problem all along, not having a space after the '<!--' seems to cause problems with the HTML export. I put spaces in and all works 100% now!

Sledger - I hope I'm not going to come across as a dog that just can't let go of a bone but Xara does not need to have a text object grouped for it to work as a placeholder. Please see the attached file - these are all ungroup text objects that work fine as placeholders.

Anyway I'm really looking to the forthcoming tweaks set!

All the best
    Grant
    Attached Files Attached Files

I stand corrected. Perhaps there's a wee little bug crawling around

Personally I wouldn't view it as a bug - if I tell XWD that the object/text is to be replaced by HTML then it should do exactly that - which it does