Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default WD6 - Unhandleable unidentifiable exception in thread at 0x00000000

I get the above when I try to navigate my folders via "Add folder to gallery" to incorporate the template pack I bought for XX5 into WD6. I've submitted the log it offers before it totally crashes. I'm on Windows 7 - anyone else experience this?

Update: uninstalled and downloaded latest version 6.0.0.12008. That now crashes in the same place, but less gracefully - just get Windows 'program has stopped working' error now. Also, can't register online now with the program complaining it can't establish a connection
    Last edited by pbready; 31 March 2010 at 07:15 AM.
    IP

Default Re: WD6 - Unhandleable unidentifiable exception in thread at 0x00000000

I also get "Can't establish a connection" when trying to update although I can download it manually.

Jim
    IP

From the WD6 Help..

Update program
    This checks online for any available program updates.

Firstly, you are shown a screen which tells you whether there is a major new version of Web Designer that you could upgrade to. Then, if you've registered the program with Xara, an automatic update process will start which will check for any free program updates which are available. If there is an update available it is automatically downloaded and then Xara Web Designer 6 is closed and the update is installed. The program is then restarted automatically for you.
    IP

what can you do if your still on the XWD6 trial and this happens ?

Apart form registering it, which I plan to do anyway, just being tight in getting my last three weeks of it free

Can I download the updated version ?
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 03 April 2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: additional info
    IP

You can download the latest program version trial from xara.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    ... just being tight in getting my last three weeks of it free
    Xara don't charge by the week for licensed software you know
    IP

Thanks for the reply Sledger, I was talking about the remaining three weeks of my trial.
    IP

Yes I know you were

Basically, if you have decided to buy WD6, waiting until the trial expires is of zero value benefit.

Note that installing the updated release will not extend your trial to another 30 days.
    IP

I downloaded the latest version from Xara today and I am still getting the problem, only now its happening much faster.

I try to import an image from C drive and that bloody pop up stares at me.

Now I am worrying about this unhandleable problem, is it going to plague me when I do buy it ?

I'll contact Xara support with the error code from the pop up and see what they say.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    I'll contact Xara support with the error code from the pop up and see what they say.
    Good move
    IP

Still waiting,now I can't use XWD at all.
    IP