Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: WD6 - Unhandleable unidentifiable exception in thread at 0x00000000

Yeah this happened to me too, sent crash info to Xara every time,about 15 crashes or so.

Then I switched to the old interface using Ctrl Alt Shift and S key and I no longer get the crashes.

Can't remember where I read to try that, but it worked,and I like the Grey interface colour better anyway.

(Running Windows 7 64 bit on a Intel 8400 overclocked to 3900 Mhz with 8 Gig memory)
    Last edited by Zenarcher; 11 April 2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added computer info.
    IP

WHO da MAN ???? YOU da MAN !!! hahahha assuming your male, but your greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU Zenarcher your suggestion fixed my problem and I hope the others that have been suffering it for so long.

You made my weekend

Lang may your lum reek
    IP

No problemo.
    IP

Are anyone experiencing this problem also running an OS theming application like 'Window Blinds' or similar?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Are anyone experiencing this problem also running an OS theming application like 'Window Blinds' or similar?
    Nope, I'm a plain vanilla kind of guy.

Ctrl Alt Shift and S worked for me too! Thanks Zenarcher. Where did this solution come from?

Clearly a xara bug, not a local machine issue.
    IP

If you are having issues with the Xara Dark interface the issue is more likely to be with the CodeJock skin and not the Xara code (which is the light gray interface).
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    If you are having issues with the Xara Dark interface the issue is more likely to be with the CodeJock skin and not the Xara code (which is the light gray interface).
    How is this relevant to the average user?

I have no idea what codejock is. XWD6 is black out of the box.

Are you suggesting that it's not Xara's problem?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarcher View Post
    Yeah this happened to me too, sent crash info to Xara every time,about 15 crashes or so.

Then I switched to the old interface using Ctrl Alt Shift and S key and I no longer get the crashes.

Can't remember where I read to try that, but it worked,and I like the Grey interface colour better anyway.

(Running Windows 7 64 bit on a Intel 8400 overclocked to 3900 Mhz with 8 Gig memory)
    Workaround works for me as well. Using Ctrl Alt Shift S to switch to the grey interface allows me to navigate freely up and down the save dialogue no problem. Even after quitting that dialogue i.e not saving, and switching back via the key combo to the new interface, I can now navigate my folders with equanimity. Something then in the new interface upsets some setups.
    IP