Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default No Page background colour in Preview

In WD6 I was starting another web design from scratch and a colour background won't show in preview at all.

The scenario:
    I put a grey colour placed on the page then it appeared in the page-layer window as the page background. So I unlocked it and changed the rectangle to rounded corners then locked it again. In preview page it won't show this background, just white and all other text and objects display fine.

I tried the unlock and rounded corners on a template from the gallery and it previewed just fine.

So I gave it a go again with a new blank canvas from file menu and same again no visible page background. I must be doing something wrong but what I don't know. I made sure ivisible was selected as well.

Any thoughts on this one?

Default Re: No Page background colour in Preview

Drag and drop a color from the color line to the 'page' or 'pastboard' area to give your site an overall background color.

Hi Sledger Yep I did that. That's why I'm scratching my head. It's strange.

It seems to only happen from a new blank page in WD6. I can change colour on templates dumped from the Design Gallery no problem and change the rounded corners on them too. I also have Xara Xtreme 5x and no problems with preview on it as well. So it's not my machine. There must be a setting that I'm missing starting from scratch.

This is just the background colour and shape change everything else I do shows fine!

I'll step back from it for a bit have a fresh cup of coffee and maybe it'll fix itself

'tis odd. I can't seem to make it fail.
    Enjoy your brew, I've just finished my morning heart starter

Okay, back at this problem again this morning.

This time I tried a new design again from scratch. Made the background light tan put in some text previewed and the background and all previewed fine and working as it should

Now the problem again:
    Unlocked the page background clicked on the rectangle tool so the PAGE background was Active, clicked on the rounded corners tool made the page background slightly rounded on the corner then RELOCKED the page background clicked on page preview and boom the text previewed but no background visible.

So it must be when I change to rounded corners that WD6 doesn't work.

Sigh

No problem following your steps here.

However there is one known bug with using a bitmap for the pasteboard (ctrl+drag'n'drop from the bitmap gallery or fills gallery) background and then dropping a colour swatch onto the background to change the light contone. This causes what you are seeing.

I expect a patch be on the horizon

Yes, same thing happened to me. Thought I was doing it wrong figured I would come back to it when I needed it.

Jim

Thanks Jim:

Glad I'm not the only one. Maybe when the patch is out it'll good to go. In the mean time, I just change the background colour and put another rectangle ontop for the slight rounded corners as a suedo bg in the meantime.

Got to say though this is one great little program.

You have to drop some color on the Pasteboard as well to make it work.
    John.

WOW!!!! Thank you covoxer. What a way to start off a long weekend. I was changing the visible white area and not this pasteboard. That was the key, the Grey working area outsite of the white default page no wonder.

I get it!!! Thanks again covoxer. I love when the lights come on

Cheers