Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nav Bars & Making The SE Readable

Great minds think alike

Hello

Thansk for posting in this, my head is spinning now lol think I have figured it out so far an am following I dont generally do the the drop down navbars so had to figure out the workings of them first lol

Nearly there (I think )

Still studying the 2 files.

Thanks again

Chris

PS

There is no urgency to this just thought it might be better practice for future use, to be w3c complient the alt tags just have to be prsent used fully or not And as said in my first post I have neve been a big fan of the alt tag I think it has a use in a certain situation and surely as said the SE will look at the link strucure to figure out what is what?

CHris

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Solved the mouse pointer problem, all items need to be a link, doh but how on earth do you control the mouseover text colour ? It seems I am stuck with the default blue (XWD5)
    Thats the one

mmmmmmmmmmmmm stumped now as said it sno huge problem either way

Chris

I have found a slightly less tortuous method of constructing a menu the longhand way, Hard group the buttons with the text and then soft group the mouseover and mouseoff versions together (the usual method when making menus) This makes it easier to edit text, move things around and split up copies of buttons (un-softgroup) to move to their correct layers. All you have to do when you are finished is to select all the menu elements and un-hardgroup to get your sharp text menu with anchor text.

Hmm, this may work with the XWD6 auto menus

You can relieve yourself of all this pain, keep the (hard grouped) text on all layer buttons as text and have the text any colour you like by applying the name label HTMLText to the text.
    This tells the HTML Filter not to export this text as a PNG, but to keep it as text.

Do this before you create the navbar
    Attached Files Attached Files

That makes it a bit easier cheers Sledger, I had forgotten about that one

The only downside is the fact that the mouseover layers need the global default link styles changed to make it all work, this has knock on effect with other links. See attached. It also appears to be the same in XWD6
    Attached Files Attached Files