Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all
    Can i create text then some how save it or import it to pictures.
    Im doing an ad for a advertisment in a truckin magazine, And i wanted to add some wild text to it,I was wondering if this can be done with xara 3d v.5....t.i.a

Hello Hammer,
    welcome to the Xara3D forum. Xara3D can take text entered at the keyboard and extrude it front-to-back to give it thickness. A variety of bevels and textures can be added, as well as some animations, and the resulting image can be exported, and placed onto another image in other software, or that background image can be imported as a background into Xara3D, and the complete image+background exported. It would not suit a large amount of text, it is really intended for short sentences, or single words. A useful feature is the ability to import other non-textual shapes and apply the same techniques to those, to create animated 3D logos, for instance.

A demo version of Xara3D V5 can be downloaded from Xara.com, with the restriction that the background is watermarked, but it will give you a good idea of its capabilities fairly quickly.

Mike

http://www.simsmj.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/engine.gif
    Just chugging away...
    Mike Sims [IMG]X3D example[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X3d_example.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	4199