Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Automatically opening images

Hi

Is there a setting in PSP 12.5 that prevents images automatically opening.

It is my preferred programme but something has changed.

Example:

I download an image from anywhere. Windows asks me where I want to save it. I select a folder in say My Pictures in My Folders for example.

That's fine it does it. The problem is that at that moment PSP automatically opens that image. I rarely want this to happen but rather will want to open it in PSP at a later date.

Never used to happen, I can only think that I have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere.

This is annoying especially if I am downloading a series of images. It means i have to keep waiting for PSP to open and then shut it down
    IP

Default Re: Automatically opening images

This is not the normal windows "save as" function but the "open" Function that you are using. Or are you using The Corel downloader.
    IP

Not using Corel Downloader that I am aware of. Not sure what you mean by the open function. I always select "Save As" so i can select what folder i want to save it to
    IP

Can you be more precise with what you mean by download. Do you mean in an email? Saved from a web site. A Zip file ETC.
    IP

Sure.

Need an image to include in a project. Doesn't matter what. Go to say for example Google and find the image either in Google Images or a related site.

Right click on image and select "Save Image As" Select the folder on my system where I want to save it. In the past that was that. Could carry on doing something else or get a series of images. Now every time I select "Save Image As" it immediately opens that image in PSP 12.5 for working on.

When I am downloading a series of images (for example) this is annoying and slows everything down as I have to keep shutting PSP because I don't want to makes changes at that moment but later on when I have all the images I want. All I want to do is download an image and save it to a file and then work on it later.
    IP

Its probably windows rather then PSP but Its not anything I have come across Before. I cant think of any settings in either PSP or Windows that would cause that
    IP